Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - London Lite - 15-11-2022

I wasn't expecting to see a panoramic view of Croydon into the regional news outside London, but what do I know?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Kojak - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 11:49 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I wasn't expecting to see a panoramic view of Croydon into the regional news outside London, but what do I know?

So I guess that means they're not bothered about 'not looking London-centric' anymore. Does that mean we can have the skyline back for News at Ten, then? Pretty please? With cherries and sugar on top. Heart

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew - 16-11-2022

I think the concept of the same location from different viewpoints on different channels is too high concept for the general public to notice

In fact I bet most haven’t caught on and realised the similar idea on BBC One either.

It probably works better in a boardroom when the matching idents are shown straight after one another

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Radiounion - 16-11-2022

Okay, after reading through what I'd feel was a mixed bag of positive and negative opinions, with some of the negative opinions really putting me off (don't specify me about that, please), here is my two cents worth on the rebrand, coming from an avid flat design enthusiast.

It's pretty great. 

Sure, the ITV Creates campaign was better than great, and these new idents (which I'll affectionally nickname "Perspective") definitely have a lot to do if they are going to be as popular as that one, these idents work pretty well in terms of a one-brand, one-ITV identity. Almost as if it's five channels seeing an imaginative version of the same thing. Like one group or family. Additionally, I like the moving numbers motif, especially with the 1 and the 4, and the ease ins and outs of their animations. It gives off a more premium feel. And the font choice for the menus isn't bad either. 

Overall, while some here may see it as just bland and boring, I've got to say: I disagree, this is a very nice and sleek rebrand.

Aaron - Aaron - 16-11-2022

If anything, I quite like the locations being the same across the channels but I feel in going for that concept, the idents could have a bit more going for them.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - orange - 16-11-2022

I think something that’s not really helping the rebrand’s case either - is that it really has ticked all the boxes in a game of recent TV rebrands bingo. It feels like all major TV rebrands lately are all revolved around “unifying” their family of channels and throwing some live action idents at it and we’ve seen it before - it’s becoming a little bland. Channel 4 just announced plans that are along these sort of lines too, and I really hope they tackle that brief of unification in a better way. 

I get that it keeps it all neat and tidy, as well as strengthening the core brand - but I think that networks shouldn’t be afraid of letting their different channels be different. Building separate brands as well as a main one isn’t a bad thing - they’re all for different purposes and different audiences at the end of the day, it should be embraced - and I think it prevents it from all becoming a collective “meh” like this and the BBC rebrand has. 

Stuff like ITV2 especially shouldn’t be put into that kind of box either - it needs room to breathe and be a little more lively.  While the turquoise branding was getting on a bit, it was such a strong and recognisable brand and they’d done such a fabulous job with building that. This new look currently isn’t conveying that, and it just becomes another ITV channel rather than it’s own thing - which is a bit of a shame.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Kojak - 16-11-2022

(16-11-2022, 12:31 AM)orange Wrote:  it just becomes another ITV channel rather than it’s own thing - which is a bit of a shame.

I think that's the whole point. The focus is overwhelmingly going to be ITVX over the next few years, so I suspect the idea is to sort of put the individual channel brands to the side. Indeed, I wonder if the plan over the next two decades is to eventually phase out the linear channels (with, of course, the exception of ITV1 and maybe ITV2).

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - eyeTV - 16-11-2022

So has there been an ITV2,3 or 4 branded trailer all day?

Somebody said there was one for 'Be' but it never materialised here.

And presumably 'Cafe' never turned up on ITV1.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Josh - 16-11-2022

ITVBe promo ended up on TV Home (they've been capturing ITV2 idents today), though:
https://tvhome.uk/med/ITV2/2022-11-16/Bob%2527s%2BBurgers_ITV2_2022-11-16_00-30.mp4 

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Former Member 406 - 16-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 11:49 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I wasn't expecting to see a panoramic view of Croydon into the regional news outside London, but what do I know?
To the 99% of viewers (myself included) who wouldn't happen to have the first clue what Croydon looks like, I'm sure that the cityscape depicted in the ident looks like it could be one of countless town/city centres in the UK that have glass tower offices etc in them.

All of the idents are in deliberately generic-looking locations that "could be anywhere". Particularly in the case of the "field" ones.

Outside of this forum, and any local press coverage about the ident filming, ITV1 viewers nationally will not even remotely be able to tell where they were filmed on the basis of what's seen in the idents. They have deliberately avoided showing any very obvious "location-giveaway" landmarks (e.g. Tower Bridge etc).