Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - bilky asko - 16-11-2022

I happened to be watching ITV1 last night with some people not interested in TV presentation. One asked "was it always called ITV1 or has it just changed?"; another said "I always used to call it ITV1 when it changed to ITV".

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - dbl - 16-11-2022

(16-11-2022, 05:01 PM)JLav25 Wrote:  Are daytime announcements for ITV1 still pre-recorded? Watching Tipping Point and they mentioned 4 players in "All New" Tipping Point, despite it only being 3 players now. I know it's a minor difference but it annoyed me.

Daytime has been pre-recorded for quite a while now. The announcer on duty from the previous night, pre-records the daytime links for the next day.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - orange - 16-11-2022

(16-11-2022, 03:17 PM)LoganStuff Wrote:  
(16-11-2022, 02:59 PM)orange Wrote:  It’s not the worst thing in the world, you're right - and I actually quite like some of the non-ident elements. But I think it’s always a little funny when people are surprised about people being very critical or passionate about TV pres… on a niche forum about TV presentation.

I totally get being critical and passionate, and it's fun to see other people's wildly different opinions, I just think some take it a little too seriously and passionately.
I get what you mean, but i’m not sure i’ve seen anyone get too hysterical just yet.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Si-Co - 16-11-2022

(16-11-2022, 05:07 PM)dbl Wrote:  
(16-11-2022, 05:01 PM)JLav25 Wrote:  Are daytime announcements for ITV1 still pre-recorded? Watching Tipping Point and they mentioned 4 players in "All New" Tipping Point, despite it only being 3 players now. I know it's a minor difference but it annoyed me.

Daytime has been pre-recorded for quite a while now. The announcer on duty from the previous night, pre-records the daytime links for the next day.

So we can only expect very generic apologies - if anything at all - in the case of breakdowns?

As for the idents, as nice as many of them are, I, like others, hope they add to the set over time. I remember reading (perhaps on here) that in the summer footage of a bride was being filmed in Blackpool for an ITV ident. We’ve seen nothing like that, so if the original report was accurate, perhaps this ident is in the pipeline for the future, or it may have been scrapped/replaced.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - dbl - 16-11-2022

(16-11-2022, 06:43 PM)Si-Co Wrote:  
(16-11-2022, 05:07 PM)dbl Wrote:  Daytime has been pre-recorded for quite a while now. The announcer on duty from the previous night, pre-records the daytime links for the next day.

So we can only expect very generic apologies - if anything at all - in the case of breakdowns?
Generic, but some are quite show specific.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - skynewsfreak - 16-11-2022

I don’t know why they dropped the Reem font - there was nothing wrong with it at all - actually it looked a really professional, modern font. The mish-mash on the menu screens now is awful! A font really ties together a brand, get your fonts wrong and the whole brand looks off and sadly this is what’s happened here - just doesn’t look right at all.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew - 16-11-2022

Trailer endboards with a picture of the programme on is pretty old school - they’ve been text based for the last half a dozen incarnations

The music is fairly nondescript in the background - in fact that seems to be the way these days, you hardly ever get a hold theme anymore, and that includes on BBC One as well

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Blubatt - 16-11-2022

I've slept on it all now, and I think the word that describes these new idents would be: Barebones. Besides the animated numeral, everything else just seems so basic. The colours, the fonts, the composition of the idents (how they're filmed, what is featured on them). It all feels like first draft level stuff.

As I have slept on it, it had occurred to me that, like the BBC One idents, these were delayed. Seeing the final result, would it far out to speculate over whether or not someone raised an issue with how barebones this new look is. When BBC One rebranded, those idents were delayed by months, so they could be fine tuned. That fine tuning led to the best BBC One idents this decade (don't @ me). ITV, on the other hand? Nope, they're fine as is, release them now. I feel like they should have been developed more.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - pad - 16-11-2022

(16-11-2022, 08:26 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  I've slept on it all now, and I think the word that describes these new idents would be: Barebones. Besides the animated numeral, everything else just seems so basic. The colours, the fonts, the composition of the idents (how they're filmed, what is featured on them). It all feels like first draft level stuff.

As I have slept on it, it had occurred to me that, like the BBC One idents, these were delayed. Seeing the final result, would it far out to speculate over whether or not someone raised an issue with how barebones this new look is. When BBC One rebranded, those idents were delayed by months, so they could be fine tuned. That fine tuning led to the best BBC One idents this decade (don't @ me). ITV, on the other hand? Nope, they're fine as is, release them now. I feel like they should have been developed more.
I think it's clear ITVX needed to be out the door by the end of 2022 and they wanted the rebrand done by then. If ITVX weren't launching this year I think they'd probably have delayed this rebrand because as you say, it seems rushed.

It's not a patch on the 2013 revamp which overhauled the entire network, ITV News, websites etc all at once and was extremely slick.

In an ideal world they would have launched the new on-screen pres, revamped ITV News and launched ITVX all on the same day in one go like in 2013 but it wasn't to be.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Hybrid - 16-11-2022

ITV2 and Be's ECPs, promos and break bumpers actually don't look half bad, it's really a shame the main channel looks the worst especially when it was meant to be the main focus.

I really like ITV2's train ident as well, reminds me of something they would do in their 2008-2013 package, albeit without all the green. Could even pass off as something out of BBC Three's 2008-2013 package.