Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Lynetwork - 16-11-2022

After seeing more of the new look in action, my feelings have definitely changed since the sneak peek. I like the trailer endboards, the font choices and the break bumpers on 2, but ultimately there's a lot about this package that isn't working for me or feels like a downgrade. They could have took bigger swings with the idents and their variations - which are great in theory but feel half-committed. 3's feel like the most distinct and there are parts I like of 2's and 4's, but 1 especially deserved better, or at least more in terms of idents. And only launching with three idents... things are going to get repetitive fast.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - TheFullElectro - 16-11-2022

(16-11-2022, 08:52 PM)Lynetwork Wrote:  After seeing more of the new look in action, my feelings have definitely changed since the sneak peek. I like the trailer endboards, the font choices and the break bumpers on 2, but ultimately there's a lot about this package that isn't working for me or feels like a downgrade. They could have took bigger swings with the idents and their variations - which are great in theory but feel half-committed. 3's feel like the most distinct and there are parts I like of 2's and 4's, but 1 especially deserved better, or at least more in terms of idents. And only launching with three idents... things are going to get repetitive fast.

Pretty sure there are 5 idents (for each channel anyways)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - sky303 - 16-11-2022

On the ITV 1 name, I'm not a big fan of it, I liked the main channel being called just ITV. The One works for BBC One since the BBC is bigger and it's the first channel. So it's kind of a shame they went back to having a 1 on ITV. Just because there is a 2 + doesn't mean main channel should have a 1 on it.

The Idents are fine, but the 2013-2018 set were nicest ITV idents on the main channel I've seen with the music choices, variety and creativity. While they were also live-action with the logo on top , the colour picking made it feel connected. ITV 2's idents the first set were alright, the second set were pretty fun, I liked how each of the channels had idents that fit them. Here, the idea of having them pretty much the same concept across the channels kind of makes them feel more bland.

Though to be positive, I do think the idea of the shared idents but having different things that fit the channel, weren't a fully bad idea. The Café Ident on ITV2 , ITV3, ITV4, ITV Be I like how it swaps out things to fit the channels. Back to negative the problem is like with the Café, you see it and you really don't think ITV2, ITV3, etc. because it's on all their channels. Before ITV2 you see the dashaund in the hotdog costume, that was only on ITV2, You see the paper cut outs that's ITV 3 and so on (I do wish they had made more of those) it kind of lessens the identity of the channels to me.

I am glad they kept the logo, because I do think it's the nicest of the ITV (non regional) logos and has a nice look to it , even here it still looks nice. Overall, I think the new look isn't as strong as what came before, it's not bad , but it's not really amazing either.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - eyeTV - 16-11-2022

To be honest all of the idents could work just for ITV1 and if they had 20+ variants it would actually be a decent enough set.

There is no reason why those ITV3 variants couldn't work on ITV1 for dramas, ITV2 variants for entertainment etc. There's just that weird aliens one from ITV4 that should probably not make it. But they could all just be idents for ITV1.

I would give the entire set to ITV1 and ditch the cross-channel concept and let 2,3,4 & Be go back to being something more distinctive.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - eyeTV - 16-11-2022

This was posted by DixonBaxi. Quite a good way of showing all the brands together.

https://twitter.com/DixonBaxi/status/1592581658674630656?t=kdWJFV8wfQppbGtxJshw5Q&s=19 

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Spencer - 16-11-2022

(16-11-2022, 09:56 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  This was posted by DixonBaxi. Quite a good way of showing all the brands together.

https://twitter.com/DixonBaxi/status/1592581658674630656?t=kdWJFV8wfQppbGtxJshw5Q&s=19 

It does feel that the whole rebrand has been designed to look good on a design agency montage or showreel. When all the brands are seen together as one like that, they look quite good, but the trouble is you never see them like that on TV.

If, like me, you regularly watch ITV1, but hardly ever watch any of the other channels, there’s no concept to tie the idents together, and the surrounding presentation just looks bland and basic.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew - 16-11-2022

For me the surrounding pres is perfectly fine (except for two bits - the out of place serif font on the menu and needlessly shrinking the credits) but I think the idents are pretty poor. They don’t seem to have much of a hook, they are just there. They are like the Mark 1 2006 batch.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - NancerInTheCafe - 17-11-2022

I think with a bit of tweaking and more variations (multiple scenarios for one location, the numbers having a proper entrance rather than just cutting in etc.) the idents could actually be very memorable. As they are though, they're a bit lacking.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Ash101 - 17-11-2022

The credit squeeze is annoying me the most - the images are too small and the text clumped with it, leaving quite a lot of dead space.

Menu looks basic and not an improvement on what came before. But I do quite like the ideas - they are nice ideas, just a shame there's only 3 and we're getting to get quite the repetition right now. (Agree with the above though, they look better when you see them all together on a showreel, which isn't really the point!)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Juicy Joe - 17-11-2022

The ITV Creates idents generated a warm & fuzzy luxurious and quality feel to ITV - you knew you were watching a channel which was forward thinking, unique & constantly evolving for its audience week in week out. You knew the channel was the business, the main stage, the bee's knees, the dog's b******* to showcase the company's best programmes, that were unlikely to be premiered on the other ITV channels.

Now, that feeling is gone.

Will ITVX take over the reign? It is a shame the individuality of the portfolio of linear channels (especially the main channel) has been sacrificed in part, to launch a snazzy new streaming service and to create brand unity, in an increasingly crowded marketplace.