Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - pad - 10-12-2022

(10-12-2022, 12:30 AM)dbl Wrote:  https://www.linkedin.com/posts/tony-pipes-bb327631_work-creative-identitydesign-ugcPost-7006631907270483969-YguL?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android 

Still a bunch still to air

These look really nice visually - especially ITV2's with the transformer style character coming out of the buildings - and the soundtracks are nice.

My biggest bug bear though is the logo colours. They're so light and pastelly, that they are jarring and quite unattractive on top of the idents. I'm not sure exactly how they could be better - maybe darker shades for the idents? - but they let the package down.

It's particularly jarring on ITV3's ident.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - W. Knight - 12-12-2022

My very, very late dime into this:

The idea of same footage, different outcomes across various channels sounded novel, and could be really nice to see, but the current execution left a lot to be desired. As the recent Christmas idents show, some are less flexible than the others as well.

Really don't like the plain slate used in promos and menus - a slightly lit pattern according to how the numerals animated might give them a bit more variety.

Don't have strong feelings for the fonts - mixing serifs and sans-serifs is not as criminal as some here claimed (point of reference: the US ABC refresh), only a slight missed opportunity for not reusing Palatino for the serifs Wink

As for their music, it's on the unaudible side - probably because the CA often covers them up. But, when I first saw the ITV1 idents, I thought something more ambiant might be great, like this 1999 ITV generic prototype:
https://youtu.be/KIxY7NdVqak 
Getting some twists like this can perhaps match the 1 animation and the ITV formup nicely.

"Tonight at 9 on [channel]... and stream free on [platform]" - western - 12-12-2022

It seems that now ITVX has 'fully launched' the ITV promos are back to using the format:
"Tonight at 9 on ITV1... or stream free on ITVX"

Does anyone else find these pointless and annoying? I'd imagine that most viewers know that the major channels have all their programmes on their own streaming service (maybe except for the ITVX rebrand). They're only used on linear TV, so the people seeing them are more likely to just watch it over Freeview anyway.

RE: "Tonight at 9 on [channel]... and stream free on [platform]" - tomo359 - 12-12-2022

(12-12-2022, 10:20 AM)western Wrote:  It seems that now ITVX has 'fully launched' the ITV promos are back to using the format:

Does anyone else find these pointless and annoying? I'd imagine that most viewers know that the major channels have all their programmes on their own streaming service (maybe except for the ITVX rebrand). They're only used on linear TV, so the people seeing them are more likely to just watch it over Freeview anyway.
It will likely be one of those things a bit like when the HD versions of the channels were new...they would say "on ITV1 and ITV1 HD" and same on BBC One etc. That's all stopped now. Plus with ITV they're obviously going to want to promote ITVX as their new offering so they'll mention it every time I'm guessing

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - dbl - 12-12-2022

(12-12-2022, 10:20 AM)western Wrote:  Does anyone else find these pointless and annoying? I'd imagine that most viewers know that the major channels have all their programmes on their own streaming service (maybe except for the ITVX rebrand). They're only used on linear TV, so the people seeing them are more likely to just watch it over Freeview anyway.
You'd be surprised. It's a quick and cheap way of spreading awareness of the new service, plus you're reinforcing your streaming brand.

RE: "Tonight at 9 on [channel]... and stream free on [platform]" - strollfan - 12-12-2022

(12-12-2022, 10:20 AM)western Wrote:  It seems that now ITVX has 'fully launched' the ITV promos are back to using the format:

I don't understand how it's any more annoying than any other form of brand promotion - they've just launched their new service with exclusive content, of course they will promote it at any turn.

RE: "Tonight at 9 on [channel]... and stream free on [platform]" - Gary Baldy - 12-12-2022

(12-12-2022, 12:20 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  

It will likely be one of those things a bit like when the HD versions of the channels were new...they would say "on ITV1 and ITV1 HD" and same on BBC One etc. That's all stopped now. Plus with ITV they're obviously going to want to promote ITVX as their new offering so they'll mention it every time I'm guessing
The BBC have started doing the same recently- ‘on BBC One and iPlayer’- the iPlayer has been around for 15 years; why is it only recently they feel the need to add ‘and iPlayer’ and tack it on to the end of their promos?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Juicy Joe - 12-12-2022

(08-12-2022, 06:34 PM)LiamFitz Wrote:  Does anyone know what’s happened to ITV1 Christmas idents? They just seem to have completely removed them - especially during the evening.
Have they cancelled them does anyone know??  I haven't seen any either since you posted this (in prime time at least).  Are superior Xmas idents quickly being designed?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - PATV Scunthorpe - 12-12-2022

TV Home shows all three Christmas versions have been shown today

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Moz - 14-12-2022

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl6N4-EtJWP