Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - thomalex - 14-12-2022

I do feel a bit for ITV. A big part of the ITVX brand development according to DixonBaxi was that it used neon green to be distinctive from other streaming services, this colour wasn't used by any other service, and then Amazon's Freevee launched just before they did. And as well as neon green Freevee even use serif fonts in their advertising along with the same tag line 'Stream Free'!

They look very similar when you see adverts for these services

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - radiorebel - 14-12-2022

Has anyone noticed the really poor picture quality of most of the shots in the masked singer promo, what could have caused that?

Si-Co - Si-Co - 15-12-2022

(10-12-2022, 10:59 AM)We pad Wrote:  
(10-12-2022, 12:30 AM)dbl Wrote:  https://www.linkedin.com/posts/tony-pipes-bb327631_work-creative-identitydesign-ugcPost-7006631907270483969-YguL?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android 

Still a bunch still to air

These look really nice visually - especially ITV2's with the transformer style character coming out of the buildings - and the soundtracks are nice.

My biggest bug bear though is the logo colours. They're so light and pastelly, that they are jarring and quite unattractive on top of the idents. I'm not sure exactly how they could be better - maybe darker shades for the idents? - but they let the package down.

It's particularly jarring on ITV3's ident.

The logos should be front and centre, but they either don’t stand out enough or, as you say, look jarring against the background. I’d have preferred to have the action/image disappear (perhaps into the dot of the i, like in the 2013 promos), and then the logo itself could enlarge into the centre of the screen, clearly identifying the channel.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Brekkie - 15-12-2022

I do think this concept would work better if all the idents were for ITV1 - multiple versions of the same location works well for one channel. I think trying to use the concept across the full suite of channels doesn't work anywhere near as well on screen as it does on paper.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - DTV - 15-12-2022

(15-12-2022, 01:40 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I do think this concept would work better if all the idents were for ITV1 - multiple versions of the same location works well for one channel. I think trying to use the concept across the full suite of channels doesn't work anywhere near as well on screen as it does on paper.

I think it could be solid idea in practice as well, you just need more variations for each channel and for a lot of the idents to have a bit more to them. I'm not sure enough people watch multiple ITV channels for them to necessarilly get what they are doing.

'Shallowness', i.e. not enough idents, does seem to be a bit of a problem with a lot of recent ident packages. I feel there's the same problem with BBC One's Lens idents - though there might technically be two dozens idents in total across all the variants, it does often feel like you are seeing the same few pop up over and over again. I don't feel this with BBC Two or the old Circle idents.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Blubatt - 15-12-2022

(12-12-2022, 09:06 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  
(08-12-2022, 06:34 PM)LiamFitz Wrote:  Does anyone know what’s happened to ITV1 Christmas idents? They just seem to have completely removed them - especially during the evening.
Have they cancelled them does anyone know??  I haven't seen any either since you posted this (in prime time at least).  Are superior Xmas idents quickly being designed?

Only in the hopes of dreamers. In short, no.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Spencer - 15-12-2022

(15-12-2022, 01:40 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I do think this concept would work better if all the idents were for ITV1 - multiple versions of the same location works well for one channel.  I think trying to use the concept across the full suite of channels doesn't work anywhere near as well on screen as it does on paper.

Completely agree. As the main hook to the concept, ‘the same thing with variations on different channels‘ works well in a design agency presentation to ITV.

But for it to work for the viewer, you’d need to watch several channels regularly, and given each is aimed at a different demographic, that’s unlikely.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - JAS84 - 16-12-2022

Yeah, how many people are likely to watch ITVBe (aimed at women) and ITV4 (aimed at men)? Or ITV2 (aimed at younger people) and ITV3 (the classics channel, thus aimed at an older audience)? Only ITV1 is aimed at everyone. I also wonder if even CITV was meant to use the same style originally (hence the inclusion of "ITV Kids" in the prototypes) but now it won't, hence why it's revamp was delayed to next year.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Kunst - 16-12-2022

To me the concept still works, it's just that it needs more idents

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Stuart - 16-12-2022

(16-12-2022, 10:14 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  Yeah, how many people are likely to watch ITVBe (aimed at women) and ITV4 (aimed at men)? Or ITV2 (aimed at younger people) and ITV3 (the classics channel, thus aimed at an older audience)? Only ITV1 is aimed at everyone. I also wonder if even CITV was meant to use the same style originally (hence the inclusion of "ITV Kids" in the prototypes) but now it won't, hence why it's revamp was delayed to next year.
I thought that a 'bouquet' of channels with basically similar brand identities was the essence behind their main concept for the different genres.

They are aimed at different people.  I don't think that ITV1 is "aimed at everyone", it's simply their main channel.