Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - rick - 11-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 11:43 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  That's part of the design though - the changing 1 from a fairly generic version to the bespoke logo.   I hate the emphasis on the 1 on the main channel myself - should have just kept it as ITV and animated the ITV logo itself to emphasise the overall brand.

But when does it change? The animation those quoted slides only use the unmodified 1, no slight differences to show it changing to the custom version. Why is the unmodified version even included in the animation at all, surely the custom one should be the only one the viewer sees?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - eyeTV - 11-01-2023

The mix of typefaces of the "1" is clearly part of the design and fits with the rest of the package with a mix of different fonts.

It's not a mistake or sloppy, it's by design.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - pad - 11-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 03:14 PM)rick Wrote:  
(11-01-2023, 11:43 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  That's part of the design though - the changing 1 from a fairly generic version to the bespoke logo.   I hate the emphasis on the 1 on the main channel myself - should have just kept it as ITV and animated the ITV logo itself to emphasise the overall brand.

But when does it change? The animation those quoted slides only use the unmodified 1, no slight differences to show it changing to the custom version. Why is the unmodified version even included in the animation at all, surely the custom one should be the only one the viewer sees?
Precisely. It never morphs from the unmodified 1 to the customised one. It's obviously not by design.

(11-01-2023, 11:43 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  That's part of the design though - the changing 1 from a fairly generic version to the bespoke logo.
(11-01-2023, 03:29 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  The mix of typefaces of the "1" is clearly part of the design and fits with the rest of the package with a mix of different fonts.

It's not a mistake or sloppy, it's by design.
I think it looks cheap and tacky. The other channels don't do that, their numerals are consistent in style and shape. The '2', '3' and '4' numerals don't appear differently outside of the logo so why should '1'? It strikes me as laziness or an oversight rather than being by design and feels really inconsistent. Where all the numerals are so curvy, the squared off '1's used seem extremely out of place.

I wouldn't be surprised if the logo numeral was updated at the last minute and they didn't bother to update the animated '1's elsewhere - or a different team had already made all the animations using the original '1' numeral and they didn't have time to update them with needing to launch in time for ITVX.

The case study we saw shows they originally used a more square '1' numeral on the logo in an earlier version. Just like how they're not using the new, customised ITV font on the website or on end credits or on ITV News or GMB, it's another example of the vision not being consistently realised in the same way the BBC's rebrand hasn't been.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew Wood - 11-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 05:25 PM)pad Wrote:  Precisely. It never morphs from the unmodified 1 to the customised one. It's obviously not by design.

It does morph in the idents and in trailers (they share the same animation). However, in the break bumpers it's a straight wipe from the animation to the logo.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - pad - 11-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 06:18 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  
(11-01-2023, 05:25 PM)pad Wrote:  Precisely. It never morphs from the unmodified 1 to the customised one. It's obviously not by design.

It does morph in the idents and in trailers (they share the same animation). However, in the break bumpers it's a straight wipe from the animation to the logo.

True, you’re right. I still don’t think it looks good though, unlike the other channel numeral animations which are pretty slick.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Hybrid - 12-01-2023

ITV seem to be using the same polar bear promo from 2018 to advertise the new Dancing on Ice series alongside new promos featuring contestants.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Josh - 12-01-2023

The 6pm daytime menu seems to have reverted back to the ITV Creates music. Is this a recent change?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - BBCChameleonFan - 12-01-2023

(12-01-2023, 07:01 PM)Josh Wrote:  The 6pm daytime menu seems to have reverted back to the ITV Creates music. Is this a recent change?

I think it happened since 4th January, the day after the only day where the Train Station Xmas ident music was used.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - BBCChameleonFan - 14-01-2023

The new ITV 2 Seaside ident (staring The Giant Seagulls and production company Surreal McCoy) debuted just a couple of hours ago, and it's looks really good! Nice idea of the seagulls trying to steal the man's chips from him!

MOD EDIT: Video removed, please do not link to known websnatchers.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - rick - 14-01-2023

I'm not sure who the CA is for that video, but he has a very particular voice, not sure I could listen to much of that kind of speaking.