Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Stuart - 20-01-2023

My main gripe about this new ITV pres is the credit squeezing which is a step back from what they previously achieved.

I have no problem with any sort of ECP, as it's clearly a very important part of the channel pres and a pointer, but it shouldn't diminish the end of the current broadcast programme.

The purpose of narrow generic end credits is to have the ability to simply reduce the width viewed, so that you can show your ECP on the left/right as you choose, or show them in full without changing the size of the text.

ITV used to use this flexibility, and the BBC still do. What's the problem? 

Here's how it is done properly . . . sorry for the blurry credits . . .
https://youtu.be/v-K2QHN1oCo 

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Kunst - 20-01-2023

While.there are many issues with ITV in general, it's sad some people are already wishing for the ident concept to be scrapped except for ITV3, as if these idents work only for ITV3
Each channel has its own identity and take on things , as it should be

I think idents and especially the concept are the best thing about this package anyway, while the rest can be slightly improved.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Allanbuzzy - 20-01-2023

Personally, I don't mind the new idents. The concept works as well as their original concept for their 2013 rebrand, all having a co-linked system.

If there are gripes with it, and some forum posters will agree with me on this:
- The ident selection is seriously inconsistent. ITV Creates never had this problem, as some of the ITV1 idents lacked a lot of things that may not work entirely well on certain junctions, such as a serious drama or a breaking news bulletin. Starting the morning with "Train - Dance" isn't gonna work well when GMB is on talking about a celebrity death, is it?
- The ident launch is staggered, I assume this is deliberate so that the idents stay fresh in the mind, almost putting people glued to their seats as to see what zany and wacky activities happen in the cityscape, tube, grass, beach, etc.
- ... does ITV seriously not care about CITV or are they planning on closing it soon so that they can push ITVX more for kids?

Though there is one suggestion that might feel sorta nice:
- I like the idea of the symbols taking centre stage at the beginning of the ident, but what if in every junction, the numerals formed back to the centre of the screen, after the ITVX logo, etc. BBC does it, with their logo extending to indicate a new promo/ident is coming up. Makes the ITVXperience more linked and co-existing with each other.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Juicy Joe - 20-01-2023

"With violence & upsetting scenes, it's Coronation Street" introduced by new ITV1 ident with people queueing for ice-cream by the beach...

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Neil Jones - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 09:01 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  "With violence & upsetting scenes, it's Coronation Street" introduced by new ITV1 ident with people queueing for ice-cream by the beach...

Could have been worse...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otJqwmqm7oM 

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Spencer - 20-01-2023

‘Britain’s Notorious Prisons: Wormwood Scrubs’ complete with strong langage and violence got this feel-good ident yesterday…
https://tvhome.co.uk/itv1/2023/01/19/2100 

I mean I can forgive them using this going into GMB which does feature Andi Peters giving away a caravanette, and Richard Arnold fawning over the latest reality show, but going into a gritty documentary? Really?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Asa - 20-01-2023

There's many examples - tonight's Corrie being another. Cue serious announcer voice and a warning of violence and upsetting scenes...over a summer beach shot with someone dropping an ice cream and plinky-plonky music.

It's like they commissioned this package without having a clue the type of programmes they air.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Juicy Joe - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 09:01 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  "With violence & upsetting scenes, it's Coronation Street" introduced by new ITV1 ident with people queueing for ice-cream by the beach...
Yes, it was most jarring hearing THIS and seeing THAT - set in the Summer too, to rub more salt in the wound!

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Allanbuzzy - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 10:41 PM)Asa Wrote:  There's many examples - tonight's Corrie being another. Cue serious announcer voice and a warning of violence and upsetting scenes...over a summer beach shot with someone dropping an ice cream and plinky-plonky music.

It's like they commissioned this package without having a clue the type of programmes they air.

I wouldn't say they commissioned this set without seeing the sorts of programmes ITV1 airs. I just think they forgot to turn off the "randomize ident" playout that ITV Creates used to have. Sometimes they've gotten it right in some junctions but it's clear they just automate what idents come on.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - dbl - 21-01-2023

A Presentation schedule isn't totally automated. There are several humans involved from different departments placing their 'side' of it, and the presentation department is the glue that builds it up. Adjust for timings etc..

So it just seems like they need to have some sort of guidelines as to what ident is appropriate.

Media Planning placement/Presentation issue