Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Hybrid - 21-01-2023

ITV2 just did an announcement for Celebrity Juice into CelebAbillity...  Huh

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Gary Baldy - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 03:12 AM)Hybrid Wrote:  ITV2 just did an announcement for Celebrity Juice into CelebAbillity...  Huh

I think Celebrity Juice was right to be removed but it was definitely more worth its place in the schedule than CelebAbility- that shouldn’t have even got a second run, let alone a sixth- the production just doesn’t gel at all.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - J102B - 24-01-2023

Currently watching the Martin Lewis money show. They actually have a decent live DOG under the main itv1 DOG. Be good to see other shows which display live use it.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Spencer - 24-01-2023

(24-01-2023, 09:13 PM)J102B Wrote:  Currently watching the Martin Lewis money show. They actually have a decent live DOG under the main itv1 DOG. Be good to see other shows which display live use it.
I’m surprised that none of the main channels has a standard ‘Live’ DOG designed to fit with the channel DOG. Shows like The Last Leg on Channel 4 would benefit from something that fits better.

Although ITV1 shows do have the slight issue that anything they add has to work with STV’s DOG too.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - J102B - 24-01-2023

I think the current one on screen would work with STV but it’s clear it’s in the new itv font. You’re right about channel 4, although I remember once seeing a branded live DOG on ‘Million Pound Drop’. It even fitted in with the HD logo. This is years ago mind, never saw it again.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - gav - 24-01-2023

(24-01-2023, 09:13 PM)J102B Wrote:  Currently watching the Martin Lewis money show. They actually have a decent live DOG under the main itv1 DOG. Be good to see other shows which display live use it.

I noticed they had this last week too. I then noticed that Dancing On Ice had a similar or identical LIVE DOG, but they'd positioned it on the right-hand side, while the ITV1 logo was still on the left as usual. It looked like a mistake, as though they were expecting the ITV1 DOG to be on the right too, and it would've lined up.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - JAS84 - 25-01-2023

Why would they expect that? Isn't the right aligned DOG only used on sports coverage where a scorebar would be in the top left?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - western - 25-01-2023

The ITV1 DOG used to appear on the right during Good Morning Britain, but since the slight update (where they changed the intro and got rid of the animated ITV in the bottom left) it has been in the top left, and the "LIVE Westminster" type graphics are now shifted to the right.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Keith - 25-01-2023

It's certainly an improvement on the previous incarnation. Personally I don't think the 'LIVE' needs to be displayed at all, however at least it's now smaller and in it's new position is less distracting.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Hybrid - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 01:24 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Why would they expect that? Isn't the right aligned DOG only used on sports coverage where a scorebar would be in the top left?

I remember it being on the right during The Cube as well for some reason.