Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Josh - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 06:27 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  
(25-01-2023, 01:24 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Why would they expect that? Isn't the right aligned DOG only used on sports coverage where a scorebar would be in the top left?

I remember it being on the right as well during The Cube as well for some reason.

The lives counter is in the top-left.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Former Member 406 - 25-01-2023

I don't know how far in advance The Masked Singer is recorded, but Joel Dommett clearly didn't get the memo about ITV(1) reinstating its numeral by the time Series 4 would start airing.

At the end of each episode so far, he's trailed Ant & Dec's Limitless Win as being next "on ITV" (not ITV1).

I can't think of any other programme that I watch nowadays which trails the next programme in this way. My last memory of this sort of thing is way back in the 1990s, when Jim Davidson's Generation Game would end with Jim trailing Noel's House Party being on next.

Irrespective of whether the ITV has a 1 after it or not, I'm surprised that there isn't an obligation for presenters to say e.g. "...on ITV(1) and STV" in these instances.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Newshound47 - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 08:28 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I don't know how far in advance The Masked Singer is recorded, but Joel Dommett clearly didn't get the memo about ITV(1) reinstating its numeral by the time Series 4 would start airing.

At the end of each episode so far, he's trailed Ant & Dec's Limitless Win as being next "on ITV" (not ITV1).

I can't think of any other programme that I watch nowadays which trails the next programme in this way. My last memory of this sort of thing is way back in the 1990s, when Jim Davidson's Generation Game would end with Jim trailing Noel's House Party being on next.

Irrespective of whether the ITV has a 1 after it or not, I'm surprised that there isn't an obligation for presenters to say e.g.  "...on ITV(1) and STV" in these instances.

It was filmed between the 17th and 27th of October.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - JAS84 - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 08:28 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I don't know how far in advance The Masked Singer is recorded, but Joel Dommett clearly didn't get the memo about ITV(1) reinstating its numeral by the time Series 4 would start airing.

Irrespective of whether the ITV has a 1 after it or not, I'm surprised that there isn't an obligation for presenters to say e.g.  "...on ITV(1) and STV" in these instances.

Strictly Come Dancing has done it, though I don't know if they still do. And I'm a Celebrity does it too - Ant and Dec actually called it ITV1 last series despite the fact the rebrand hadn't happened yet.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Hybrid - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 11:19 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  

Strictly Come Dancing has done it, though I don't know if they still do. And I'm a Celebrity does it too - Ant and Dec actually called it ITV1 last series despite the fact the rebrand hadn't happened yet.
Ant and Dec usually do it in the BGT live shows as well into Coronation Street.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew - 25-01-2023

It’s rare on recorded programmes

I suppose with The Masked Singer being a major programme, they know when it will air, and in which order, so are fairly safe to mention the next programme.

It also won’t be repeated in a prominent ITV1 slot, whereas a normal game show could be

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Jon - 26-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 11:34 PM)Andrew Wrote:  It’s rare on recorded programmes

I suppose with The Masked Singer being a major programme, they know when it will air, and in which order, so are fairly safe to mention the next programme.
And it wouldn’t matter if it changed, they’d just edit it out. If they remember. They could also edit it out of the repeats if they could be bothered.

But yes, most gameshows seem to be there to fill the gaps and could end in any slot. Whereas this is a big showpiece event that’s only ever going to stay in one slot.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - eyeTV - 26-01-2023

And this happened of course fairly recently when Vernon Kay used to namecheck Epic Gameshow at the end of Game of Talents, until both programmes swapped timeslot.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Steve in Pudsey - 26-01-2023

It's common practice in other parts of the world. The Spanish network Antena3 has a number of daytime and early evening gameshows and they all plug the next show as they close. Then again, they don't have continuity announcers over there.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Jon - 26-01-2023

(26-01-2023, 12:35 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  And this happened of course fairly recently when Vernon Kay used to namecheck Epic Gameshow at the end of Game of Talents, until both programmes swapped timeslot.
Yes, I think they thought Game of Talents to the next big thing too.