Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - tomo359 - 29-01-2023

(29-01-2023, 07:28 PM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  Both the ITV1 DOG and the LIVE tag are overlaid each other on Dancing on Ice in the top right hand corner.
It looks awful doesn't it!

How do things like this happen? Who decides that the ITV1 dog moves to the right? I'm assuming the LIVE dog is DOI production and the ITV1 dog is continuity department, but surely both departments know about the other.

Like mentioned previously, why can't it be done like on the Martin Lewis Money Show, with the LIVE dog under the channel logo, and make that a standard for any programme displaying LIVE.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - DeMarkay - 29-01-2023

Why the hell is there a need for a ‘LIVE’ DOG in the first place?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Ballinagrappa - 29-01-2023

They've moved the DOG to top left now after it came back from the break.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - direw0lf - 29-01-2023

Has anyone else noticed itv4's new pres graphics appear to have been designed at 30fps and converted? I haven't noticed this on the other channels. Take a look at a freeze frame:

[Image: 5KUqxol.jpeg]

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Orry Verducci - 29-01-2023

(29-01-2023, 07:33 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  
(29-01-2023, 07:28 PM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  Both the ITV1 DOG and the LIVE tag are overlaid each other on Dancing on Ice in the top right hand corner.
It looks awful doesn't it!

How do things like this happen? Who decides that the ITV1 dog moves to the right? I'm assuming the LIVE dog is DOI production and the ITV1 dog is continuity department, but surely both departments know about the other.

Like mentioned previously, why can't it be done like on the Martin Lewis Money Show, with the LIVE dog under the channel logo, and make that a standard for any programme displaying LIVE.

Your assumption is correct. The 'LIVE' DOG is on the feed coming from the production gallery, and the ITV1 DOG is inserted by ITV Presentation. In Scotland the STV DOG is inserted by STV Transmission instead of the ITV1 DOG.

Pres usually place the DOG in the top left, but will move it to the top right if advised that it will clash with other graphics (common on sports programming). This is agreed between the production company and ITV ahead of time. Pres don't enquire where it should be placed while doing the line up checks with the production.

In this case, one of two things has happened. Either someone has accidentally selected the wrong DOG in the automation playlist, or there's been a miscommunication with regards to the placement of the DOG. The former is much more likely.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew Wood - 30-01-2023

(29-01-2023, 10:31 PM)direw0lf Wrote:  Has anyone else noticed itv4's new pres graphics appear to have been designed at 30fps and converted? I haven't noticed this on the other channels. Take a look at a freeze frame:

[Image: 5KUqxol.jpeg]
It's across all the ITV channels' pres. It's not there in the show reels but certainly very apparent on broadcast. Captures of ITV Be's bumpers are a great example.

https://theident.gallery/itvbe-2022-misc.php 

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - direw0lf - 30-01-2023

(30-01-2023, 11:33 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  It's across all the ITV channels' pres. It's not there in the show reels but certainly very apparent on broadcast. Captures of ITV Be's bumpers are a great example.

https://theident.gallery/itvbe-2022-misc.php 

Oh dear...!!!! 

Can't say I can see the same problem on itv1, but yes itvbe certainly has that 30fps look about it!

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Hybrid - 30-01-2023

I also notice the ghosting occurs the most on the Back Soon and Welcome Back bumpers, most notably ITV1’s.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - western - 31-01-2023

Not sure if anyone else caught it, but watching ITV1 London (via ITVX), during the first Dickinson's Real Deal ad break earlier there was a "your programme continues shortly" clip for about 5secs before the break bumper. Looked to be using this ITV Creates ident from June 2019. Obviously where the adverts didn't quite fill the break but not enough time for an ITV promo. Tried to catch it on +1 but my recorder's region is West and the adverts are different with no gap.

Edit - made a quick mockup of what it looked like:
[Image: miUYblK.png]

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Brekkie - 31-01-2023

(29-01-2023, 01:43 AM)all new phil Wrote:  
(28-01-2023, 06:49 PM)mrarg1393 Wrote:  I’m amazed ITV are still using the reem font on the end credits for programmes… I’m guessing it’s because they were edited prior to the rebrand taking place but it looks so odd having different fonts for different things. Looks half-hearted. I understand regarding ITV News as that’s not had a refresh yet but would have thought they would have updated this by now?

Because it’s a very minor aspect that 99.99% of viewers wouldn’t even notice. It doesn’t look half-hearted, it doesn’t really look anything other than white text on a black background.

And it's a much more legible font than those being used for promos.   The ECPs though have long been wasted on ITV - frustrating they design the credits in such a way they can be squeezed without reducing the font size (or only doing so slightly) yet they're reduced and the space around them isn't put to use for video promotions either - just small static images.

Really getting fed up with every bit of continuity being a promotion for ITVX too - it's really crossing the line from promotion to advertising for me.