Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - eyeTV - 15-11-2022

A shame that Cityscape isn't ready as that seems like the news friendly ident.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Allanbuzzy - 15-11-2022

Very interesting to see the decisive opinions of some forum posters here,

I remember when the new 'Lens' idents came out for BBC One, some if not most of the posters were scratching their heads about whether it was as good as the Circles, or equally as good as the globe.

So far, I love that the channels are cohesive again, creates a unique navigation took for each channel, as if to show they're all from the same network of channels. I wonder if Channel 4 are taking notes?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - ldnpres - 15-11-2022

There’s something missing about this rebrand for me. It doesn’t feel as polished as it should, and the idents certainly haven’t been thought about with the logo in mind.

Does anybody else worry that ITV News won’t be updated at all today? I feel like ITV Reem may be with us for a long time to come… particularly due to GMB not being updated this morning!

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - tomo359 - 15-11-2022

I've noticed with the ITV1 promos that The Larkin's has a different unique font compared to the general channel font used on all the others, and it looks so much nicer.
It would be nice if other shows got unique fonts like that. I'm surprised the World Cup promo didn't use anything different considering it's such a big event. The promo just looks very generic.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - all new phil - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 11:56 AM)ldnpres Wrote:  Does anybody else worry that ITV News won’t be updated at all today? I feel like ITV Reem may be with us for a long time to come… particularly due to GMB not being updated this morning!

I think “worry” is maybe overdoing it…

Not seen anything to suggest any update for the news. The ITVX News stuff (see the thread in the Online section) is all in the existing branding.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Thames1985 - 15-11-2022

Let’s hope channel 4 don’t take note I think it’s awful it was much better before I’m fed up with poor presentation

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - LoganStuff - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 12:00 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  I've noticed with the ITV1 promos that The Larkin's has a different unique font compared to the general channel font used on all the others, and it looks so much nicer.
It would be nice if other shows got unique fonts like that. I'm surprised the World Cup promo didn't use anything different considering it's such a big event. The promo just looks very generic.

It seems to me that certain shows will actually use the show's logo on the promo, to make it a little more unique. The World Cup definitely has it's own logo, although there might be large licensing fees associated with that so it makes sense the promo just shows the generic font instead.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - tomo359 - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 12:11 PM)LoganStuff Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 12:00 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  I've noticed with the ITV1 promos that The Larkin's has a different unique font compared to the general channel font used on all the others, and it looks so much nicer.

It seems to me that certain shows will actually use the show's logo on the promo, to make it a little more unique. The World Cup definitely has it's own logo, although there might be large licensing fees associated with that so it makes sense the promo just shows the generic font instead.
Aah I didn't realise it was the shows logo, makes sense though. Also makes sense about the World Cup and licensing fees.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Rob Francis - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 11:56 AM)ldnpres Wrote:  Does anybody else worry that ITV News won’t be updated at all today?

No, because it's not due to be updated until next year according to reports.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Juicy Joe - 15-11-2022

From what I've seen, it all looks a bit bland & boring to me - as I suspected. The previous ITV Creates idents and the whole package for all of the ITV channels were far superior & totally unique for each one. A shame.