Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - MLehon - 10-06-2023

ITV Lunchtime News (12.43 Saturday) just been introduced by that Nighttime ITV1 ident showing the high rise building with lights on etc. Bad enough them still using that ident at 6pm but does no one at ITV actually think how stupid and lazy this looks for a National Broadcaster? A small point but that ident needs to be given a rest at least until 10pm each night till August!

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Joe - 10-06-2023

Does it look stupid or lazy though?

Are we supposed to somehow think idents are live?

(10-06-2023, 01:40 PM)Joe Wrote:  Does it look stupid or lazy though?

Are we supposed to somehow think idents are live?

Yes stupid - 12.43 is daylight outside not twilight / dark with buildings having lights on.  Yes lazy - as no one checking what is going to air or seems to care and if what is being broadcast looks professional from a national broadcaster.   Everyone knows Idents are not live. When I worked on radio I made sure that night time station jingles didn't go out during the day and I checked / listened on prefade if I wasn't sure what might be broadcast next.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - all new phil - 10-06-2023

Wait till you find out both GMB and Breakfast have a light background when it’s still dark out.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - dbl - 10-06-2023

(10-06-2023, 12:51 PM)MLehon Wrote:  ITV Lunchtime News (12.43 Saturday) just been introduced by that Nighttime ITV1 ident showing the high rise building with lights on etc.  Bad enough them still using that ident at 6pm but does no one at ITV actually think how stupid and lazy this looks for a National Broadcaster?  A small point but that ident needs to be given a rest at least until 10pm each night till August!
You're deeply overthinking this, respectfully.

(10-06-2023, 03:28 PM)dbl Wrote:  You're deeply overthinking this, respectfully.
I've seen much sillier things mentioned / discussed on this Forum generally and I made my comments knowing full well someone would argue against what I said.  The right to comment should be respected on this Forum without as what seems to happen regularly a comment made by a.n other to belittle the original observation. So well done trap set and response as I expected 😄.  Though my comment on the use of a night time Ident still stands which is a regular occurrence on ITV1 and I thought the whole point of the Forum was to highlight things that just don't look right!

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - dbl - 10-06-2023

Not a trap, but seeing what it's like behind the scenes, it's quite easy for something like that to slip into rotation when scheduling. Unless you've got a keen pair of presentation/media planning eyes working.

So unless something is deeply wrong (to the point it shows up in TX error logs), it won't get noticed as much.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew Wood - 10-06-2023

(10-06-2023, 03:28 PM)dbl Wrote:  You're deeply overthinking this, respectfully.
Indeed. Many channels have idents with visuals that don't reflect the time of day they're broadcast. BBC One, STV, S4C ...

(10-06-2023, 05:28 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Indeed. Many channels have idents with visuals that don't reflect the time of day they're broadcast. BBC One, STV, S4C ...
Makes it even worse then that it's not just ITV1 who don't monitor and manage their output!!  I'll leave it there and I can assure everyone that I'm not "deeply overthinking this" just pointing out something that is regular, not something you would expect from one of the recognised main UK channels and been ongoing on ITV1 since we moved to BST in March 2023.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew Wood - 10-06-2023

Just for the record, the very first outing of the Cityscape (Night time) ident - the second ident to be shown on launch day - was before the lunchtime news, so at least ITV1 is consistent.