Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - VMPhil - 10-06-2023

If you like time-specific presentation, watch 4seven - the menus, ECPs, and other Pres elements change background gradually from bright white in the morning to dark grey at night.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - dbl - 10-06-2023

(10-06-2023, 05:47 PM)MLehon Wrote:  Makes it even worse then that it's not just ITV1 who don't monitor and manage their output!!  I'll leave it there and I can assure everyone that I'm not "deeply overthinking this" just pointing out something that is regular, not something you would expect from one of the recognised main UK channels and been ongoing on ITV1 since we moved to BST in March 2023.

Output is monitored, however there are more important media in the schedule to monitor than a news safe ident. 

'Why was a spelling mistake on this menu' 'You placed a promo in a slot that isn't seen by your target audience' 'Why was there 3 mins of black screen and silence on one of our opts' 

I'm just trying to make you aware that it's a tiny cog in the wheel.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Joe - 10-06-2023

What indicates that there is any problem to fix? Do we require shielding from night time images in the afternoon?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - MLehon - 10-06-2023

(10-06-2023, 07:29 PM)Joe Wrote:  What indicates that there is any problem to fix? Do we require shielding from night time images in the afternoon?
You seem to ask a lot of questions Joe in a very negative manner.  There is no problem to fix I merely commented earlier this afternoon on something that has been ongoing for two plus months. Yes I can live with night time images in the afternoon but ITV is a professional broadcaster and you would expect them to do a lot better and have their systems set up accordingly and take care as to what is going to air.  It's not a big deal and I certainly won't be loosing any sleep over it tonight 😳

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Kunst - 10-06-2023

The whole thing could be better but I really think people are being to harsh on both ITV and BBC (BBC One in particular: e.g. saying that BBC Nordic idents are all this better than the BBC1 ones) all the time, for the sake of it

OK we're in a presentation forum and I shouldn't say that probably: but obviously priorities are not the usage of an ident R the "wrong time of the day" Big Grin

Most of the ITV idents look fine to me: yes, they might be used a bit better, but the potential is there.

Presentation is already at a very high standard in the UK, you can't expect everything to look tidy and perfect all the time, of course.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Larry the Loafer - 10-06-2023

I'll be the first to admit that are some topics on this forum that bore the arse off me, and I simply don't get involved in the discussion when that is the case. But this seems very much like somebody being told off for commenting on television presentation on a television presentation forum, and the recent failed attempts to discuss topics that we've been told are not enough to do with television presentation make me feel like it's counterproductive to discourage television presentation discussion on a television presentation forum.

As you were.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Joe - 10-06-2023

Well I’ve certainly not suggested it can’t be discussed, I’m merely sharing my own view that I don’t think there is even an error here.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Kunst - 10-06-2023

Yeah, it's more a "could be better" (which could); but there are times in general when people are being too negative, slagging things without understanding the general context or understanding how expensive one thing could be etc.
This I think should be calmed down a little

Said that, AT LEAST FROM ME, you won't hear saying that daytime idents should preferably be used before 7pm-8pm or whatever (I'm from Italy, our Summers are different Big Grin), but AS FOR ME, it's not a big drama Big Grin

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Hybrid - 10-06-2023

I believe the night time Cityscape ident is way overused. They should balance it out with the daytime one and the Kites for news or serious programming at least. They need more news-safe idents in general.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Mick Lee - 13-06-2023

Admittedly, I think the usage of the Cityscape night Ident at lunchtime is certainly strange considering they have other Cityscape idents in the tank,and could probably notch up one for each time of day the news is on,but then again the BBC One forest was at daytime,and that was fine,too.
Think it’s gone too far though. Unnecessary argument.