Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Daveuk - 08-08-2023

Not sure where to put this but the old ITV1 branding keeps making an appearance on ITV3 at the end of each Heartbeat episode

[Image: IMG-0092.jpg]

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - rick - 08-08-2023

It's burned into the footage rather than ITV broadcasting really old graphics.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - gottago - 08-08-2023

I get generic credits but I never understood the need for generic “previously” and “next time” straps. They always looked so out of place. Just can’t see what they thought the benefit would be.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - JAS84 - 08-08-2023

Yeah, it must look confusing when shown abroad too. Those should be in the show's own font.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - James2001 - 09-08-2023

Corrie even uses the ITV font for the writer and director credits over the start of the episode, it all seems incredibly ridiculous. Even other countries that do have generic credits at least make versions with "proper" credits for repeats, DVDs, international broadcasts etc. whereas ITV shows are lumbered with credits in an (often outdated) corporate style no matter where they're shown.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - JAS84 - 09-08-2023

And that generic credit style is overdue for replacement, since it no longer matches ITV1's pres since last year's relaunch.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - all new phil - 09-08-2023

(09-08-2023, 10:57 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  And that generic credit style is overdue for replacement, since it no longer matches ITV1's pres since last year's relaunch.

It’s literally white text on a black background.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - LouBlu08 - 09-08-2023

(09-08-2023, 10:57 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  And that generic credit style is overdue for replacement, since it no longer matches ITV1's pres since last year's relaunch.

I honestly get pretty annoyed at the fact that currently during the credit crunch, the credits are at a very weird angle, and not directly in the middle of where the credits are getting crunched.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Stuart - 10-08-2023

(09-08-2023, 12:03 PM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  I honestly get pretty annoyed at the fact that currently during the credit crunch, the credits are at a very weird angle, and not directly in the middle of where the credits are getting crunched.
ITV now handle credit squeezing quite badly. They are centrally aligned, so it's possible to simply reduce the width of the area viewed and move it to the left to allow for an ECP on the right. That's what the BBC do. It doesn't reduce the size of the text, just the screen width it uses.

For some reason, ITV now shrink the entire frame and move it to the left, making the text smaller and displaying a large area of empty space above and below it. It looks unprofessional.

I suppose it's better than some of the C5 channels, which sometimes squeeze the credits down to a few inches at the bottom of the screen, something that makes the BBC News 'flipper' look useful. Confused

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - KatsKaravan - 10-08-2023

(09-08-2023, 11:20 AM)all new phil Wrote:  It’s literally white text on a black background.
Even so, the font is no longer on brand. It's a shame programmes aren't allowed to choose their own credits.