Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Moz - 21-10-2023

(21-10-2023, 06:52 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  Gorgeous idents! How do you capture these?

Sorry, but I couldn’t disagree more. They’re just very very plain idents with a terrible show logo badly superimposed.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Kunst - 21-10-2023

(21-10-2023, 07:37 PM)Moz Wrote:  Sorry, but I couldn’t disagree more. They’re just very very plain idents with a terrible show logo badly superimposed.

Personally, I disagree.

They're not great but not bad either, they must promote the show and they do the job perfectly.

They don't have to be special for a one-off thing

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - orange - 22-10-2023

(21-10-2023, 01:24 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Not just the one either

https://www.tvhome.co.uk/itv1/2023/10/21/0925 
https://www.tvhome.co.uk/itv1/2023/10/21/1300 

I think we can all agree that they’re a nice touch, nothing to write home about - but they are so ridiculously ITV that I find them quite endearing…

On another note - I’ve had much more exposure to ITV on a whole lately, and while I still think the idents don’t work and some choices are poor - I do like the overall vibe they’re going for. They’ve successfully modernised the brand to me and I think itvX’s branding works especially well. It’s just a shame the app doesn’t.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - cable - 23-10-2023

they are still not as good as the dog being washed in sink. Going from so much variety since the 2013 set to what we have now, it does seem like its a step back, even if I appreciate what they are trying to do with the multiverse concept

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Kunst - 23-10-2023

(23-10-2023, 04:40 PM)cable Wrote:  they are still not as good as the dog being washed in sink.  Going from so much variety since the 2013 set to what we have now, it does seem like its a step back, even if I appreciate what they are trying to do with the multiverse concept

Less variety but you have ton realize these ones (that are far from being a small number) have much more spent on them

I don't see it as a step back, I see too many people prejudiced on these newer idents, to be honest

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - sky303 - 23-10-2023

I liked the 2013 set not just because of the variety, but they had ones for different times, emotions and really were charming and interesting, the color picking stuff was really neat. They sadly, didn't update ITV3 or ITV4's at the time. The Creates idents were a fun idea, the idea of having artists , the people interacting with the channel's brand was a neat idea when everyone else seems to just be going with agencies and corporate thought. Too bad they never made , ITV2,3,4, creates. I don't think it's a bias against the new ones, it's just the 2013 and the Creates packages were really nice and spoiled on variety where this one feels lacking. It's not an awful package, but maybe not as interesting as what came before.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Kunst - 24-10-2023

I remember reading that some thought the idents were too "simple" and boring back then (aside from the popular pug and so on), so there you, it goes to show you can't always leave everyone happy, actually never.

I personally think I like the current idents more: don't get me wrong, there ARE issues, especially with the endboards (too basic for me) and the external graphics in general, but I personally quite like the "different takes on the same ident".

They're still rather different takes on the same ident anyway, you won't get bored too easily: and guys, it'll sound cliché, but also let's realize times have changed, and now the focus is more on the ITV in general than each channel

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - eyeTV - 17-11-2023

So it's 1 year on since the new ITV pres and rebirth of ITV1.

I take it the same 3 Christmas idents will make a comeback from last year. I wonder if they did Christmas variants for Cafe & Beach?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - BBCChameleonFan - 17-11-2023

(17-11-2023, 04:24 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  So it's 1 year on since the new ITV pres and rebirth of ITV1.

I take it the same 3 Christmas idents will make a comeback from last year.  I wonder if they did Christmas variants for Cafe & Beach?

Well I remember seeing a Santa image from when we saw images from St Annes on X (Twitter) of the beach idents being filmed, so those Xmas variants seem likely.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Edogawa Ranpo - 17-11-2023

(17-11-2023, 04:24 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  So it's 1 year on since the new ITV pres and rebirth of ITV1.

I take it the same 3 Christmas idents will make a comeback from last year.  I wonder if they did Christmas variants for Cafe & Beach?

It would've been nice if the other 4 channels got Christmassy idents too, since last year, all they got were Christmas OSP.
They could make some New Year idents, like the Croydon ident but with fireworks.