Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - James2001 - 10-02-2024

But I'm not watching Brookside on Sky, I'm watching them through the STV Player app on Virgin.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Stuart - 10-02-2024

(10-02-2024, 01:13 AM)James2001 Wrote:  But I'm not watching Brookside on Sky, I'm watching them through the STV Player app on Virgin.
Now you've set me off, I'll probably be awake for hours having my weekly binge-fest of Brookie from STV Player on Sky. Angel

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - cable - 10-02-2024

Is it a new thing on trailers? both Trigger Point and breathtaking have "ITV presents"

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Spencer - 10-02-2024

(10-02-2024, 10:13 AM)cable Wrote:  Is it a new thing on trailers? both Trigger Point and breathtaking have "ITV presents"

Whenever I see it, I keep expecting Harry Secombe to come on and start singing at me in an anorak.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - robertclark125 - 10-02-2024

(10-02-2024, 11:51 AM)Spencer Wrote:  Whenever I see it, I keep expecting Harry Secombe to come on and start singing at me in an anorak.

Or a map of the UK to come onscreen and morph into About Britain!

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Hybrid - 11-02-2024

Might be late but have ITV permanently stopped using cue dots? For years its use was already reduced to live sport, I'm A Celeb and Dancing on Ice but it is now nowhere to be found. Latest footage I could find of it being used was their coverage of the Euro 2020 final.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - what - 12-02-2024

Am I the only one who's noticed the ITVX animation glitching on recent ITV1 trailers?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - agemame - 12-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 07:56 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  Might be late but have ITV permanently stopped using cue dots? For years its use was already reduced to live sport, I'm A Celeb and Dancing on Ice but it is now nowhere to be found. Latest footage I could find of it being used was their coverage of the Euro 2020 final.

Last I heard they were using data in the streams themselves rather than visible cue dots, but that where there were causes for concern or as a belt and braces approach, they still had the ability to add them. As you say, it's mainly international football now where they're paranoid about an automation failure or similar leading to them cutting away from the footage in play.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Brekkie - 12-02-2024

Didn't they stop for a while around the noughties before making a resurgence?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Hybrid - 12-02-2024

(12-02-2024, 09:11 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Didn't they stop for a while around the noughties before making a resurgence?

It seems that way. I remember seeing them make a comeback on basically every live broadcast from the late 2000’s up until around 2018. In my memory the last non-sport show to use it is Good Morning Britain.