Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - dbl - 27-04-2024

I highly suspect it's to make it feel more like an event, to zone Saturday Nights.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew - 27-04-2024

They’ve done it before at this time of year, I can’t remember what they called it

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Isonstine - 27-04-2024

There were also some obnoxious graphics in the top right of the screen to promote Britain's Got Talent. Not just annoying but actually obscured some key parts of the programme you might actually want to watch.

I thought we were done with this rubbish on the mainstream channels but then I do find myself increasingly miserable at most goings on these days. I blame the government.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - all new phil - 27-04-2024

(27-04-2024, 07:59 PM)Isonstine Wrote:  There were also some obnoxious graphics in the top right of the screen to promote Britain's Got Talent. Not just annoying but actually obscured some key parts of the programme you might actually want to watch.

I thought we were done with this rubbish on the mainstream channels but then I do find myself increasingly miserable at most goings on these days. I blame the government.

Tsk. We get the rubbish we deserve.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Hybrid - 27-04-2024

(27-04-2024, 07:59 PM)Andrew Wrote:  They’ve done it before at this time of year, I can’t remember what they called it

Super Saturdays. It had a bit more personality than just 'Saturday Night'. 😭

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Spencer - 27-04-2024

I think what annoys me most about the Saturday Night DOG is how they’ve had to leave an awkward gap between it and the ITV1 DOG in order to allow space for the +1 identifier.

Why not place it below the ITV1 logo?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Mick Lee - 27-04-2024

(27-04-2024, 07:59 PM)Isonstine Wrote:  There were also some obnoxious graphics in the top right of the screen to promote Britain's Got Talent. Not just annoying but actually obscured some key parts of the programme you might actually want to watch.

This was executed the most obnoxiously during the run before Celebrity Big Brother…and Trigger Point…and…most things. I presume it’s just their new strategy.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - cable - 27-04-2024

(27-04-2024, 09:07 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  Super Saturdays. It had a bit more personality than just 'Saturday Night'. 😭

Perhaps it's an attempt to make you think of the FAST channel 'Saturday Night Every Night'

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - RhysJR - 27-04-2024

(27-04-2024, 07:52 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Will they introduce "Monday morning", "Wednesday lunchtime" and "Thursday graveyard" DOG's to remind the audience & the hard of thinking what time of day it is & the kind of programming likely to be broadcast?

In and around Christmas that would be handy I must admit.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - interestednovice - 28-04-2024

(27-04-2024, 07:52 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Will they introduce "Monday morning", "Wednesday lunchtime" and "Thursday graveyard" DOG's to remind the audience & the hard of thinking what time of day it is & the kind of programming likely to be broadcast?

I know this is a joke, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they introduced an “ITV 1 Daytime” DOG on weekdays, right through from GMB to the end of Loose Women!