Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - rick - 15-11-2022

It might be more appropriate for them to slide the credits to the left and crop the left and right, I believe other channels do/did that, and it would certainly work here so text isn't shrunk down to unreadable sizes.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - L1_ - 15-11-2022

Trying to come up with a better expression but 'meh' feels appropriate to be honest. Just feels very underwhelming and not a patch on the previous look IMO. ITV3 idents are nice, but not much else springs out as brilliant to me.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - RDJ - 15-11-2022

Thought I'd use my first post here after a brief respite since the closure of the pink place.

Overall I think the concept and idea is really good. To have the same setting on all idents with different scenarios is not new, but feel that if anyone can get it to work then it's the ITV family of channels.

I feel that the most disappointing set of idents is unfortunately for the main channel ITV1. I don't think all the idents fully suit the feel of the channel, though when you've got a broad main channel that covers a wide demographic that was always going to be quite tricky. It would be good if they did look quite realistic however, which can't be said for the rural ident with about 50 kites in the sky.

Otherwise it's still early days and we'll see how they bed in as time goes along, especially with the upcoming launch of ITVX.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - eyeTV - 15-11-2022

It feels like the ECP's perhaps should have ITVX animations / transitions to them.

As things stand it's all a bit weird because there is no mention of the Hub anymore and of course ITVX isn't there yet.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - JustJamie - 15-11-2022

I can imagine that the credits/ECP will likely get tweaked as time goes on.

On the whole, the whole rebrand has been a bit of a damp squib unfortunately. I'm in the camp of "Like It, But Don't Love It"... and for the love of god, I hope the ITV1 train station gets tweaked, scrapped or something. The whole colours going around the dancing was nauseating: personal opinion.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - DTV - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 05:11 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  It feels like the ECP's perhaps should have ITVX animations / transitions to them.

As things stand it's all a bit weird because there is no mention of the Hub anymore and of course ITVX isn't there yet.

They didn't ask the BBC to recommend a rebrand logistics manager did they?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - eyeTV - 15-11-2022

The main problem with the idents is that there's so few variants. There's only 3 for each channel at the minute.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Juicy Joe - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 05:48 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  The main problem with the idents is that there's so few variants.  There's only 3 for each channel at the minute.
Which means everything is going to go stale very quickly, especially as the same scenes are on 4 other ITV channels. How many ITV Creates versions were there in the end? Plus the several variations of each ident - meant everything was fresh at every junction and each week.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - tomo359 - 15-11-2022

It does seem strange filming so few idents, considering they are fairly basic overall. When you think how many they had at launch in 2013 and how many more appeared over the years, and similar with ITV Creates.

To say by January we will have 5 idents in play seems really limited. Hopefully they'll add more soon after.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - cable - 15-11-2022

#BRINGBACKPUGWASH https://theident.gallery/player.php/ITV-2016-ID-SSPUG-1  and adapt him to each channel!