Pres Café
Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 (/showthread.php?tid=246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Johnr - 01-06-2023

The reveal of 'X' a few years ago was perhaps up there with one of the best BGT moments ever

The reveal of Noodle...err not so much (and obviously the producers didn't expect him to progress any further by doing the reveal in the semi final, not sure exactly what he would have then done in the final!)...if they wanted to promote the act behind it all why not just invite the act to perform during the results interval!

Also it becomes annoying when Simon Cowell obviously isn't paying attention to 90% of what is going on during these live shows

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - tellyblues - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 08:17 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  Well I think we’ve just had a ‘jump the shark’ moment.

(01-06-2023, 08:21 PM)Josh Wrote:  All of that palaver for what was essentially a glorified publicity stunt. How bizarre.

Yeah, and shock horror that a reasonable singer can sing a different song.

(01-06-2023, 08:37 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  By dint of timing, I've always thought of Britain's Got Talent being just a few years behind The X Factor. It's about time to give it a (permanent) rest.

For me, BGT hasn't had the same expectation levels attached to it as TXF, which has made its decline slower.

I think viewers can just about tolerate contestants who have some experience performing in public being on the show but the buck stops at household names.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Newshound47 - 01-06-2023

It’s a bit weird Axel Blake did his routine tonight rather than the first semi or the final.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Score - 02-06-2023

The whole Noodle / Tom Ball thing was really bizarre. I know Noodle the Cat is some sort of TikTok character but I’ve no idea what the point of it all was, and the producers clearly realised it wasn't going to land as well given they did the reveal in the semi final and put the act on first. I half expected him to reveal he wasn’t actually competing. All a bit strange. And a bit awkward for last year’s runner up to return as a contestant on the same night as last year’s winner returns as a guest.

That aside I do think these live shows have been very good so far. Not necessarily because every act has been great because they haven’t, although I’d say the standard overall has been decent. But they’ve really demonstrated the value of live TV this week. The whole show has had a chaotic energy you only get live and whether it’s Ant falling over, Bruno swearing or Simon failing to use a straw, it’s all stuff that only happens on live TV. Perhaps it’s the lack of live primetime TV post-pandemic that makes it stand out more but I do feel like it’s had a lot of energy this year. And like him or not Bruno has definitely contributed to that and I do think demonstrates they should have had the confidence to tweak the panel sooner than they did.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Brekkie - 02-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 08:42 PM)Josh Wrote:  And to top it off, judges buzzing an act because the screen they saw was too small (and out of the act's control entirely).
To be fair they buzzed him because the act didn't work either on stage or on screen. It wasn't engaging at all for viewers at home. I think it's different at auditions where these sort of card trick acts break up the monotony of the audition day for the judges.

(01-06-2023, 10:41 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  It’s a bit weird Axel Blake did his routine tonight rather than the first semi or the final.
Not really - they've been on random nights for a while. Talking of which though have Diversity performed every single year since they won?

(02-06-2023, 07:43 AM)Score Wrote:  That aside I do think these live shows have been very good so far. Not necessarily because every act has been great because they haven’t, although I’d say the standard overall has been decent. But they’ve really demonstrated the value of live TV this week. The whole show has had a chaotic energy you only get live and whether it’s Ant falling over, Bruno swearing or Simon failing to use a straw, it’s all stuff that only happens on live TV. Perhaps it’s the lack of live primetime TV post-pandemic that makes it stand out more but I do feel like it’s had a lot of energy this year. And like him or not Bruno has definitely contributed to that and I do think demonstrates they should have had the confidence to tweak the panel sooner than they did.

I agree - and the final is actually shaping up nicely.   It's not the TV event it once was but as far as live shiny floor primetime entertainment shows are concerned I think it's now just BGT, Dancing on Ice, Strictly, Saturday Night Takeaway (for now) and I guess Eurovision which fall into that category.

I still think Live TV is the main weapon of the traditional broadcasters in this streaming age so it's a surprise we don't see more of it.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - tellyblues - 02-06-2023

(02-06-2023, 07:43 AM)Score Wrote:  The whole Noodle / Tom Ball thing was really bizarre. I know Noodle the Cat is some sort of TikTok character but I’ve no idea what the point of it all was

Someone has a tour to promote.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Score - 03-06-2023

(02-06-2023, 09:50 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Someone has a tour to promote.

Indeed. And there’s also a TV show to promote - ‘Noodle and Bun’:

https://www.animationmagazine.net/2023/04/canal-france-orders-double-helping-of-noodle-and-bun/ 

Sounds like Noodle was also on France’s Got Talent and will also be appearing on America’s Got Talent, presumably with one of their former contestants as the voice.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Larry the Loafer - 04-06-2023

Viggo Venn's performance in tonight's final seemed to be in trouble after he came on stage with a large balloon and lost grip of it, causing it to deflate when he was apparently supposed to climb inside it. Genuinely can't work out whether this was part of the act; another balloon was on standby in the wings but he quite clearly uttered an expletive when the balloon deflated. Either way, it spiced up proceedings!

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - TMD_24 - 04-06-2023

Is it me or was the audience reaction to the winner announcement really mute this time round? They didn't sound that impressed at the end.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - iloveTV1 - 04-06-2023

Winner causing a lot of chaos on Twitter tonight! Good on him though.