Pres Café
Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 (/showthread.php?tid=246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Gary Baldy - 27-01-2023

Am I misremembering or has Bruno been a “guest judge” of sorts before? Not in the auditions or live stage but in the deliberations- I’m sure I remember Simon FaceTiming Bruno when the judges were torn as to which dance acts to put through- I may be getting confused with the US version though- or maybe I’m just imagining the whole thing

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - iloveTV1 - 15-04-2023

Today’s episode has been good. It feels like they’ve got the mix between joke acts and serious contenders right whereas in previous years they’ve been lacking in the former.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - fanoftv - 15-04-2023

The mix of acts was good. The magician and the dancers were excellent. The editing, staged shots of crowd talking, and pre performance VTs all feel overly done imo. I’d love to see new approaches coming in; the way that Bruno pressed his buzzer to say it was a no could work to reveal the judges opinions. I don’t think they need to reinvent the show, but just try different things.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - gottago - 17-04-2023

I've probably said this before but I wish they'd change up the background music a bit. I feel like every series has the same bank of 'inspirational' tracks from The Greatest Showman or whatever. I'm already awaiting the inevitable montage of acts getting ready to come to their audition while Get Ready or similar plays in the background. As I'm typing they're playing You're My Best Friend by Queen which I feel like I only ever hear once a year on this show.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - sjames - 17-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 08:01 PM)gottago Wrote:  I've probably said this before but I wish they'd change up the background music a bit. I feel like every series has the same bank of 'inspirational' tracks from The Greatest Showman or whatever. I'm already awaiting the inevitable montage of acts getting ready to come to their audition while Get Ready or similar plays in the background. As I'm typing they're playing You're My Best Friend by Queen which I feel like I only ever hear once a year on this show.

I've noticed that some of the songs seem to be sound-a-like versions and not the originals. In particular at one point Firework was playing but it didn't sound like Katy Perry's vocals. I wonder why that would be?

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Gary Baldy - 17-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 08:14 PM)sjames Wrote:  
(17-04-2023, 08:01 PM)gottago Wrote:  I've probably said this before but I wish they'd change up the background music a bit. I feel like every series has the same bank of 'inspirational' tracks from The Greatest Showman or whatever. I'm already awaiting the inevitable montage of acts getting ready to come to their audition while Get Ready or similar plays in the background. As I'm typing they're playing You're My Best Friend by Queen which I feel like I only ever hear once a year on this show.

I've noticed that some of the songs seem to be sound-a-like versions and not the originals. In particular at one point Firework was playing but it didn't sound like Katy Perry's vocals. I wonder why that would be?

Either a) they couldn’t get clearance for the original, or b) the cover artist is signed to Simon’s record label.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Andrew - 17-04-2023

Pretty much every reality or entertainment show, talent show, awards show, you name it, uses that Lizzo track ‘Am I ready’ over the top of an opening montage.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - WhoOdyssey - 17-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 08:53 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  
(17-04-2023, 08:14 PM)sjames Wrote:  I've noticed that some of the songs seem to be sound-a-like versions and not the originals. In particular at one point Firework was playing but it didn't sound like Katy Perry's vocals. I wonder why that would be?

Either a) they couldn’t get clearance for the original, or b) the cover artist is signed to Simon’s record label.
It’s unlikely to be the latter as Simon no longer has a record label these days.

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Steve in Pudsey - 22-04-2023

Would they need to explicitly clear it? I thought that was the whole point of PRS/PPL

RE: Britain’s Got Talent 2023 - Newshound47 - 22-04-2023

Is the show running out of homegrown talent as this series seem to usve even more acts coming straight over from abroad to perform.