Pres Café
Corrie - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Corrie (/showthread.php?tid=253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 28-09-2023

It will reopen with no physical change and the old staff at the helm, probably with the new owners forced out, you can see these things a mile off.

RE: Corrie - EJnutz - 28-09-2023

After Ken Barlow leads a protest with the residents

RE: Corrie - Stuart - 28-09-2023

(28-09-2023, 09:52 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I'm sure it'll be reopen sooner rather than later but closing the local pub about the most realistic thing a soap could do.
Very true, Brekkie. My local got turned into a Co-Op store. Technically, I suppose they're still supplying alcohol to the same people, they just now drink it at home. Tongue

RE: Corrie - Jon - 28-09-2023

To be fair considering Coronation Street already has a relationship with Co-Op it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility this JD Waterfords perhaps keeping the Rovers Return name as presumably they’re a group that like to name their pubs with a name relevant to the local area would then be able to take over the old Co-Op space.

It would give more prominence to their Product Placement parters and better reflect modern Britain.

RE: Corrie - TheGregmeister - 28-09-2023

ISTR a few weeks ago, in the episode when Jenny hosted a Save The Rovers night and was offering to sell the pub back to Newton & Ridley, Henry Newton said the brewery weren't interested in buying the pub due to the lack of profits. He handed her a card with Waterford's contact details and said the pub could easily be converted into flats.

It was a blink and you'll miss it moment, but I'm sure the card showed the company name as Waterford Homes. Which would mean the company  deals with residential property development, and isn't really a fictional knock-off of the IRL pub chain JD Wetherspoon, in the same way Freshco is supposedly a fictional version of Tesco.

Eitherway, the Rovers is too small to be a Wetherspoon type of pub. JD Wetherspoon's pubs are much bigger than a small back street boozer like the Rovers.

RE: Corrie - Stuart - 28-09-2023

(28-09-2023, 03:56 PM)TheGregmeister Wrote:  Eitherway, the Rovers is too small to be a Wetherspoon type of pub. JD Wetherspoon's pubs are much bigger than a small back street boozer like the Rovers.
But let's not forget, the Rovers is actually like the TARDIS: 'much bigger on the inside'. Rolleyes

RE: Corrie - Brekkie - 28-09-2023

(28-09-2023, 03:56 PM)TheGregmeister Wrote:  Eitherway, the Rovers is too small to be a Wetherspoon type of pub. JD Wetherspoon's pubs are much bigger than a small back street boozer like the Rovers.
I guess the toilets would have to move from the Barlows living room to the Barlows attic.

RE: Corrie - JamesWorldNews - 29-09-2023

I haven’t been able to watch Corrie for many years now. So, who’s the current Bet? The current Blanche? The current Uncle Albert? The current Jack and Vera?

RE: Corrie - eyeTV - 29-09-2023

(29-09-2023, 05:17 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  I haven’t been able to watch Corrie for many years now. So, who’s the current Bet? The current Blanche? The current Uncle Albert? The current Jack and Vera?

Bet > Jenny Connor (Bradley)
Blanche > Evelyn 
Uncle Albert > Ken Barlow? 
Jack & Vera > Tyrone & Fizz (apparently)

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 09-10-2023

The scenes with Tim and Stephen in the car on tonight's episode looked a bit odd, looked like the footage outside the windows was either chromakeyed or rear projected.