Pres Café
Corrie - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Corrie (/showthread.php?tid=253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Corrie - eyeTV - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 11:08 PM)James2001 Wrote:  The scenes with Tim and Stephen in the car on tonight's episode looked a bit odd, looked like the footage outside the windows was either chromakeyed or rear projected.

Yes I noticed, looked awful. 

Why do that? There were much better filmed exterior scenes in vehicles on Corrie 10 or 20 years ago.

RE: Corrie - Andrew - 13-10-2023

Nice look back at Barbara’s life and career in the special documentary tonight

I half thought Barbara had decided to step down now she’s 90 and Rita was going to be killed off tonight, so glad that didn’t happen. Barbara says she won’t retire.

I know there are a lot of cynics with the soaps, but I thought Corrie was great this week, and as none of it had been spoiled, you honestly didn’t know what was going to happen next

RE: Corrie - Reith85 - 14-10-2023

(13-10-2023, 10:37 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Nice look back at Barbara’s life and career in the special documentary tonight

I half thought Barbara had decided to step down now she’s 90 and Rita was going to be killed off tonight, so glad that didn’t happen. Barbara says she won’t retire.

I know there are a lot of cynics with the soaps, but I thought Corrie was great this week, and as none of it had been spoiled, you honestly didn’t know what was going to happen next
It was an awful overhyped week of stunts, rubbish "special" effects and distortion of sound - everything a soap that's meant to be grounded in the real world should not be. Terrible, terrible soap.

RE: Corrie - JAS84 - 14-10-2023

Emmerdale was doing much the same thing. I assume you think that's terrible too?

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 17-10-2023

The plate on the back of Tim's car says "Weatherfield County Council", so Weatherfield is apparently a whole county now, not just a town or borough of Manchester.

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 23-10-2023

The EE (previously) Costa shop on Corrie is boarded up on tonight's episode, has that product placement deal come to an end? I imagine all the EE routers will be vanishing from people's houses now. Looks like that's going to be a shop which changed regularly.

RE: Corrie - PATV Scunthorpe - 23-10-2023

I imagine so, I think I recall seeing the shop is going to become a Hays Travel branch

RE: Corrie - DJ Dave - 24-10-2023

(23-10-2023, 09:01 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  I imagine so, I think I recall seeing the shop is going to become a Hays Travel branch

Yeah it said tonight "Hays Travel" coming soon, must not be a very good area for trade in the retail world of corrie  Big Grin 3 big names in the past few years and none can make much money from it  Tongue

RE: Corrie - eyeTV - 24-10-2023

Has "Trim Up North" closed? You never seem to see that set anymore.

RE: Corrie - Brekkie - 24-10-2023

(23-10-2023, 09:01 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  I imagine so, I think I recall seeing the shop is going to become a Hays Travel branch

I assume with this being soapland they'll mainly sell one way tickets.