Pres Café
Corrie - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Corrie (/showthread.php?tid=253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Corrie - JAS84 - 27-02-2024

They couldn't have done that sooner. There was no episode last Friday, the day of the announcement, because of football, so tonight's was the first episode aired since his death was announced.

RE: Corrie - Stuart - 27-02-2024

(27-02-2024, 12:56 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  They couldn't have done that sooner. There was no episode last Friday, the day of the announcement, because of football, so tonight's was the first episode aired since his death was announced.
Yes, I understand that.

I had been looking out for it on the 'Classic Corrie' episodes on Friday/Monday because he was a lead in quite a few story arcs being shown on ITV3 at the moment. That audience may have remembered him more.

RE: Corrie - Stuart - 27-02-2024

(26-02-2024, 11:04 PM)James2001 Wrote:  That bizarre split screen phone call between Adam and Harvey in tonight's episode, I don't think Corrie's ever done anything like that before.
They certainly haven't used it in Corrie before, although it was used during the ITV drama 'Trial & Retribution' to show dramatic scenes from a different perspective.

The current comedy factor in Corrie is that judging by the hairstyle, the character playing Adam Barlow is now apparently using a barber based in Knotty Ash, and he'll be turning up with a 'tickling stick' as a prop in scenes next week. Tongue

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 27-02-2024

Just watched the ITV3 showing of the episode with Gail and Eileen's brawl over Todd coming out, there's a very obvious edit in the bit where Todd comes out of the house, I'm guessing some homophobic comments were edited out?

I have the Network DVD that has this episode on, but don't have time to dig it out to check.

RE: Corrie - Alf Stewart - 27-02-2024

(27-02-2024, 03:07 AM)Stuart Wrote:  They certainly haven't used it in Corrie before, although it was used during the ITV drama 'Trial & Retribution' to show dramatic scenes from a different perspective.

The current comedy factor in Corrie is that judging by the hairstyle, the character playing Adam Barlow is now apparently using a barber based in Knotty Ash, and he'll be turning up with a 'tickling stick' as a prop in scenes next week. Tongue

They used the split screen phone conversation a few years ago on Corrie when Yasmeen was in prison and she was chatting with Geoff who was at home.

I think it was during the COVID era so it's possible the scene was due to take place with Geoff visiting Yasmeen in prison so they just tweaked it a bit.

RE: Corrie - DJ Dave - 27-02-2024

(27-02-2024, 04:11 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Just watched the ITV3 showing of the episode with Gail and Eileen's brawl over Todd coming out, there's a very obvious edit in the bit where Todd comes out of the house, I'm guessing some homophobic comments were edited out?

I have the Network DVD that has this episode on, but don't have time to dig it out to check.

Is that where Gail says when Jason comes along in his builders gear, oh here they are the rest of the village people Big Grin

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 27-02-2024

Yes it is!

I looked on the DVD, and Gail made a comment about how Todd will be after David next- something I'm quite shocked got through in 2004 (then again, it's the same era as the likes of Little Britain and Bo Selecta which have been removed from streaming through homophobic and racist content... though post-watershed intentionally shocking comedy is different to a pre-watershed soap), and definitely wouldn't now. Sadly the sort of accusation that's been thrown too much at LGBT people over the years- though less against gay people these days, but very much still used against the trans community, unfortunately.

RE: Corrie - Newshound47 - 28-02-2024

(27-02-2024, 10:59 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Yes it is!

I looked on the DVD, and Gail made a comment about how Todd will be after David next- something I'm quite shocked got through in 2004 (then again, it's the same era as the likes of Little Britain and Bo Selecta which have been removed from streaming through homophobic and racist content... though post-watershed intentionally shocking comedy is different to a pre-watershed soap), and definitely wouldn't now. Sadly the sort of accusation that's been thrown too much at LGBT people over the years- though less against gay people these days, but very much still used against the trans community, unfortunately.

Through soaps should also reflect real life and what real people say.

RE: Corrie - Andrew - 28-02-2024

In this day and age the only character that would ever say anything like that would be a short term one storyline character who is clearly signposted as a wrong ‘un, and with a warning of ‘offensive language’

They wouldn't express these opinions through a long term Corrie legend as there would be no way back

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 28-02-2024

Yep, it doesn't matter that there are people in real life who express those views, there's no way you could get a regular, main soap character to say something like that these days, society's moved on too much. Maybe in a post-watershed/made for streaming "edgy" drama you would still hear it, but not on a pre-watershed soap. And let's be honest, linking LGBTQ to paedophilia just isn't something we need to hear on TV these days regardless of it being a view some ignorant people still hold, it shouldn't have even been going out on a show like Corrie in 2004.