Pres Café
Corrie - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Corrie (/showthread.php?tid=253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Corrie - EJnutz - 13-01-2023

(13-01-2023, 10:06 PM)James2001 Wrote:  First appearance of the precinct set tonight.

It looked quite good from what we saw

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 13-01-2023

You do have to wait till you see these things on screen rather than judge from publicity and press photos. When you get the actual on screen with camera angles, lenses, lighting etc. it can look very different, was the same with the behind the scenes photos of the sewer set during the 2021 halloween week.

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 17-02-2023

We've just seen Joe Carter's first appearance on the ITV3 episodes, I do remember the same actor appearing at the same time in episodes of Crossroads (during the dying weeks of the Mk2 version), which means presumably Crossroads must have been filmed quite a fair bit in advance. Either that or he was filming for both shows at the same time, which would have meant a lot of running between Manchester and Nottingham.

RE: Corrie - Stuart - 17-02-2023

I much prefer the Classic Corrie episodes. The plots are quite interesting at the moment. Tongue

Looking over at Current Corrie, Nick and Leanne now appear to be in their early 50s and he has a previously unknown daughter (or son, I can't tell), many more residents have spent more time in prison despite there only being one policeman to investigate crime and everyone still walks over the road to buy a cuppa instead of boiling the kettle in their own kitchen. Dodgy

There is also some sort of comedic plot about an 'accidental serial killer' who never seems to be caught.  Very odd. Confused

I prefer Classic. Big Grin

RE: Corrie - eyeTV - 17-02-2023

Current Corrie is pretty awful it has to be said.

I wish they'd stay clear of serial killers, there seems to be one every few years and they are storylines that drag on forever.

All of these sensationalist storylines really have taken me out of Corrie to be honest.

RE: Corrie - L1_ - 17-02-2023

Haven't watched regularly for about a decade but it seems to have lost its charm. Corrie used to have something special about it but now it just feels like any other soap.

RE: Corrie - Stuart - 17-02-2023

(17-02-2023, 08:43 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Current Corrie is pretty awful it has to be said.

All of these sensationalist storylines really have taken me out of Corrie to be honest.
I stopped watching after the dreadful "don't play the white man" storyline about 8 years ago.  Considering the friends/partners I've had, the last thing I needed was random lecturing from a soap about diversity.

I was only sucked back in to Current Corrie through the boredom of lockdown, and then only occasionally. It now seems just so different to the original concept.

RE: Corrie - DavidWhitfield - 17-02-2023

For me, any storyline of that nature invariably comes across as preachy and patronising, irrespective of the (I'm sure) well-meaning intentions.

RE: Corrie - Brekkie - 17-02-2023

Talking of which I see they're doing a consent storyline with Amy, which in soap land always plays out the same way - except of course when Corrie played it for laughs when they did it with Roy as the victim of Tracy.

RE: Corrie - Spencer - 17-02-2023

I gave up on Corrie last year after being an avid viewer for around 40 years in which time I hardly missed an episode. I always considered myself a big committed fan.

But then I suddenly had the realisation I’d been watching purely out of habit for several years, and not because I was enjoying it.

The ludicrous sink hole storyline brought it home to me how, as viewers these days, we’re expected to suspend disbelief to a preposterous level. Implausible, convenient coincidences and gaping plot holes that would have led Crossroads writers to hang their heads in shame are glossed over as everyday occurrences.

The rest of the time, outside of the contrived big-drama (BGT final) weeks, it’s just a tawdry plod-fest of crowbarred issues, and re-jigged ‘you’ll never believe…’ stories lifted from the Metro, all delivered by poorly developed characters I couldn’t care less about.

It’s no longer the programme ‘based on an idea by Tony Warren’ I loved, all about normal people and the drama and humour derived from everyday life. It just feels now it’s all about good-looking, well-dressed, slim, attractive people (plus the token cartoon comedy characters) and lazily relying on drugs, guns and issues instead.

I’m aware I’m probably sounding like a miserable old git looking at the past through rose-tinted specs. And I recognise that, even up until I gave up on it, there were still some golden moments, great performances and some iconic, brilliant characters, but all of that is diluted to homeopathic levels amongst the rest of the pap.

Maybe it’s just a fact of life these days that in such a competitive media landscape, the more gentle, subtle style of Corrie past wouldn’t cut through anymore. My overriding feeling though, is that three hours a week of episodes simply stretches everything too thin.

Either way, i firmly believe Corrie has lost something of its soul over the past few years. And that makes me sad.