Pres Café
Corrie - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Corrie (/showthread.php?tid=253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Corrie - Andrew - 18-02-2023

One thing I have noticed recently is that big dramatic moments that would once have been a major headline storyline are now just throwaway plot devices to move one storyline along

For example the armed robbery at the Bistro the other week - it was basically just something that happened within that one scene within that one story , everyone else carried on as normal a barely referenced it. It was the same with the far right bomb plot. You’d have characters having light banter in the Rovers a few feet away not talking about it because it wasn’t their storyline.

They are in a losing battle between those who want old school Corrie and those who would complain it was boring and nothing happened in an episode.

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 18-02-2023

Feels like it's getting caught in the same trap Brookside did, having to do more and more outrageous storylines, and such incidents just being a "normal" part of life on the show. That's one of the things that ended up killing Brookside, so Corrie need to try and find their way out of it before they suffer the same fate.

RE: Corrie - CATV - 18-02-2023

Even though there is some over the top moments I have to say EastEnders has bounced back under it's new producer. It's like a different show to the one we had just a few years ago and I am enjoying it. It's not the big drama that you invest your time in but that's not what it is anyway. But yeah EastEnders is proof with the right person in charge it can still work. I was worried that EastEnders losing one of it's big stars (Danny Dyer) might change the flow of the show but that is not the case. In fact the show is doing better as more characters are getting to shine. And there is more of the community spirt like the show had originally. It's not perfect but it's doing well. Number one show on iPlayer most days to.

In recent years I preferred Emmerdale over Corrie. Now I would even go as far as saying I prefer EastEnders over Emmerdale. I never though I would say that again but it goes to show how important getting the right producer is and Corrie sadly has not got the right producer or ITV are ordering the producer to take the wrong direction. What I would also say is having three hour long episodes a week is to much. Emmerdale being on daily for thirty minuets is no where near a drag as the hour of Corrie. I still think there is to much Emmerdale but it's not as bad as Corrie. In a way I am glad EastEnders did not up it's episodes to five. Still think giving Casualty a permanent slot on a Friday so it doesn't bounce around on a Saturday would be a good idea.

RE: Corrie - JAS84 - 18-02-2023

Based on the ratings, EastEnders will die before Corrie will. ITV probably think they're getting it right.

RE: Corrie - CATV - 18-02-2023

(18-02-2023, 02:30 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Based on the ratings, EastEnders will die before Corrie will. ITV probably think they're getting it right.

EastEnders does really well on iPlayer.  It adds around a million viewers.  The show is safe because of how well it's doing on iPlayer.

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 18-02-2023

Yes, people need to remember that TV ratings aren't everything these days.

RE: Corrie - JAS84 - 19-02-2023

(18-02-2023, 02:45 PM)CATV Wrote:  
(18-02-2023, 02:30 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Based on the ratings, EastEnders will die before Corrie will. ITV probably think they're getting it right.

EastEnders does really well on iPlayer.  It adds around a million viewers.  The show is safe because of how well it's doing on iPlayer.
How do you know that? They don't release streaming numbers, and I bet if you add ITVX viewings to the ITV soaps ratings (which you can't, as we don't know the numbers), they'd still be ahead.

RE: Corrie - Stuart - 19-02-2023

(19-02-2023, 01:03 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  
(18-02-2023, 02:45 PM)CATV Wrote:  EastEnders does really well on iPlayer.  It adds around a million viewers.  The show is safe because of how well it's doing on iPlayer.
How do you know that? They don't release streaming numbers, and I bet if you add ITVX viewings to the ITV soaps ratings (which you can't, as we don't know the numbers), they'd still be ahead.
BARB have included figures from streaming/catch-up services for quite some time as part of their totals for each programme. They are not in addition to the published figures.

RE: Corrie - eyeTV - 19-02-2023

So based on that (even with consolidation) every episode of Corrie and Emmerdale seems to do better than EastEnders.

RE: Corrie - nwtv2003 - 03-03-2023

There was bit of a bizarre edit in one of the ITV3 episodes today (I think the second one) where Richard Hillman is in The Kabin having a conversation and he’s stood next to a National Lottery stand which was been visibly blurred/pixelated out. Can’t say I’ve ever noticed an edit like that before now.

Not quite the same as an episode that was on yesterday with Tyrone and Kirk talking about the real estate value of phone boxes, by the phone box which has a conveniently placed poster over the BT piper logo.