Pres Café
Corrie - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Corrie (/showthread.php?tid=253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 07-03-2023

This would have been around the same time they rebranded the main lottery game as Lotto (a stupid rebranding that barely anyone ever used, either at the time or 21 years on), I wonder if there's a connection.

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 10-03-2023

Anyone notice the sound levels being constantly up and down on recent ITV3 Corrie episodes? There was the same issue on a few ITV3 Emmerdales a week or two back as well, then when it stopped on them it started on Corrie.

RE: Corrie - Jon - 10-03-2023

(07-03-2023, 11:01 PM)James2001 Wrote:  This would have been around the same time they rebranded the main lottery game as Lotto (a stupid rebranding that barely anyone ever used, either at the time or 21 years on), I wonder if there's a connection.
The National Lottery was still the overall brand though, so that wouldn’t really make sense. I guess the Lotto name was to distinguish it from the other games. 

I wonder if it’s for international airings perhaps for where Lotteries may not be allowed to be advertise. Although I can’t think of any major Corrie markets where that would be case as most would have had their own versions for longer than we have. It could just be someone being courteous about Product Placement rules, despite the fact they would have been prop rather than Product Placement.

RE: Corrie - JAS84 - 10-03-2023

Yeah, most newsagents have the Lottery, it would've been unrealistic for the Kabin to not have one of those stands.

RE: Corrie - Stuart - 11-03-2023

There has been evidence of some recycling going on recently from Classic Corrie. Tongue

Gail's 'new kitchen' from many years later (complete with dodgy tile grouting) made it's first appearance in one of Richard Hillman's apartments:

[Image: Gail-Kitchen.jpg]

. . . and Tyrone's later Granny (Maureen Lipman) has just departed as the temporary Manager of the Rovers.

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 11-03-2023

Maureen Lipman being bought in to basically do the storylines that were written for Bet before Julie Goodyear's sudden departure until they were able to properly rework the future scripts.

RE: Corrie - Stuart - 11-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 01:34 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Maureen Lipman being bought in to basically do the storylines that were written for Bet before Julie Goodyear's sudden departure until they were able to properly rework the future scripts.
Yes, now I remember the media articles of the time about JG's sudden departure. I guess it was easier to slide someone in for a similar part with some minor re-writing.

Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 11-03-2023

Ironically that short storyline was way more entertaining than Bet’s truncated return imo. Would have loved to have seen Lillian stick around for a bit longer.

RE: Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - Spencer - 11-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 03:00 AM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  Ironically that short storyline was way more entertaining than Bet’s truncated return imo. Would have loved to have seen Lillian stick around for a bit longer.

I loved Lillian. She was like the reincarnation of Annie Walker.

RE: Corrie - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 11-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 02:38 PM)Spencer Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 03:00 AM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  Ironically that short storyline was way more entertaining than Bet’s truncated return imo. Would have loved to have seen Lillian stick around for a bit longer.

I loved Lillian. She was like the reincarnation of Annie Walker.

Yeah, it seemed like it was done with a nod and a wink.

I wonder how far ITV3 and Drama will go with the classic soaps? Both are currently in 2002 and are well past their prime imo, I think I started losing interest in them around 2003 and probably will again. I can't say I have much nostalgic interest in Corrie post Richard HIllman. For me that was the last great, iconic Soap storyline.