Pres Café
Saturday Night Takeaway - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Saturday Night Takeaway (/showthread.php?tid=350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - tellyblues - 14-02-2024

Ant and Dec seem to know when is the right time to call it quits with shows. I don't think Limitless Win is the long term plan and they will probably bow out with that when someone wins £1.5m+ because that will beat the record set by Red or Black.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - eyeTV - 14-02-2024

Another big headache for ITV of course where Saturday night formats are concerned. They haven't yet resolved the loss of the X Factor from Q4 and now they will have another big hole in the schedule.

BGT is fading fast, Masked Singer is staring to fade and The Voice is on life support.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JMT1985 - 14-02-2024

I suspect ITV will look back at their past shows, and either reboot X Factor or try and bring back more classic game shows.

One show which I had heard rumoured to be on the list of getting a reboot is Winner Takes All which used to be hosted by Jimmy Tarbuck on ITV from 1975 to 1988.

I feel they will simply reboot X Factor, and bring it back. It has been off air now since 2018. Come next year it will be a 7 year break, a gap which I think ITV will feel it is enough to reboot it.

The 1% Club is another with a shelf life, owing to the amount of different types of logic based questions there are. I wouldn't be surprised if In With A Shout is axed after its upcoming series, so lots of holes in the ITV schedule to fill in future.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JMT1985 - 14-02-2024

(14-02-2024, 03:59 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  The 1% Club is another with a shelf life, owing to the amount of different types of logic based questions there are. I wouldn't be surprised if In With A Shout is axed after its upcoming series, so lots of holes in the ITV schedule to fill in future.

Maybe this will be a chance for ITV to move to a different technique, and offer some movie premieres for a change at the weekend.

About time a free to air linear channel offers some decent films - BBC One wastes a lot of films in the graveyard slots after the News at Ten. For example BBC One tonight offers The Last Letter from Your Lover from 2021 at 10.40pm and on Friday after midnight they have the 2015 film Just Jim.

ITV should try and offer new movies on Saturdays, and stop wheeling out the usual Bond movies or Harry Potter.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - eyeTV - 14-02-2024

Movies rate terribly now though. Habits have changed, nobody waits around to catch a terrestrial premiere anymore when there are so many other outlets available.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Andrew - 14-02-2024

(14-02-2024, 06:49 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Maybe this will be a chance for ITV to move to a different technique, and offer some movie premieres for a change at the weekend.

About time a free to air linear channel offers some decent films - BBC One wastes a lot of films in the graveyard slots after the News at Ten. For example BBC One tonight offers The Last Letter from Your Lover from 2021 at 10.40pm and on Friday after midnight they have the 2015 film Just Jim.

ITV should try and offer new movies on Saturdays, and stop wheeling out the usual Bond movies or Harry Potter.

It’s not 1995, films don’t rate anymore, people have any film they want at their finger tips they don’t have to wait for a network premiere to come around

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - GraemeT88 - 14-02-2024

Does bbc air films at that time just to get them out linear, then they have some films available on iplayer?

If ITV were wanting to bring back something non-gameshow then Harry Hill's TV Burp would be good.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Brekkie - 14-02-2024

Whilst I agree in theory The 1% Club has a limited shelf life in terms of the questions they can offer in reality it's one of the most popular new ITV shows of recent years so as long as it doesn't burn itself out it should be safe for a few years. Whether the earlier slot hurts it more than it helps remains to be seen.