Saturday Night Takeaway

Saturday Night Takeaway will return on the 25th February:

https://twitter.com/superTV247/status/1625881138068697089
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVenthusiasm's post:
  • stusoldvideo

The show is set to return to Florida for the last show in the series at Universal Studios:

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/adsnt-flordiafinale1
  • DeMarkay

A Behind The Scenes documentary has been ordered, which should be very interesting twitter.com 

(17-02-2023, 11:56 AM)TVNerd Wrote:  A Behind The Scenes documentary has been ordered, which should be very interesting twitter.com 

That should be interesting. I remember there was a behind the scenes doc included on one of their DVD releases in the 2000s (I want to say 2004) which was quite a fascinating look at how a live TV show like that is made (well it was fascinating for 8 year old me, anyway).

One part I remember is Ant explaining why he doesn't shake the hands of any of the audience members whilst he runs down the stairs - he didn't want to end up like Nick Weir on Catchphrase...

(16-02-2023, 04:48 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  The show is set to return to Florida for the last show in the series at Universal Studios:

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/adsnt-flordiafinale1
Cue another pandemic Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie

I think my views on SNT and how tired it can be are no secret but as it works for most viewers I get why they stick with their old favourites - apart from one thing - the annual celebrity mystery drama. The first one or two were passable enough for what they were but they've generally been awful since then, and even regarded so among the "fans", so it's surprising they persist with them especially as a replacement feature would likely be much cheaper. Do ITV so desperately need that half hour of filler content over Christmas?

(17-02-2023, 11:56 AM)TVNerd Wrote:  A Behind The Scenes documentary has been ordered, which should be very interesting twitter.com 

Interesting announcement. I am a big fan of Takeaway and I am always interested to see what happens behind the scenes of Takeaway, especially the Undercover pranks which in my opinion makes Takeaway the great and funny Saturday night show that it is. I'll 100% be watching this for sure!
  • western

(17-02-2023, 03:26 PM)YBrekkie Wrote:  I think my views on SNT and how tired it can be are no secret but as it works for most viewers I get why they stick with their old favourites - apart from one thing - the annual celebrity mystery drama.  The first one or two were passable enough for what they were but they've generally been awful since then, and even regarded so among the "fans", so it's surprising they persist with them especially as a replacement feature would likely be much cheaper.  Do ITV so desperately need that half hour of filler content over Christmas?
Ant & Dec have spoken about creating some sort of scripted content for years now, weren’t they even in discussions about doing some sort of sitcom a few years ago? I suspect that it fulfils that itch for them.

Edit: Yes. Two shows were in development in 2013: a sitcom titled ‘This is Us’, and a silent comedy format. In 2020 the tabloids said they were in ‘extensive’ talks about creating a sitcom for ITV, but there’s been nothing since.

Aren't all shows scripted to some degree as it is?
Something live like SNT is scripted to a large extent, its not just a case of wander into a studio somewhere and make it up as you go along. Even the likes of the shopping channels plan what they're flogging and when, even if you can't script the whole "15 of you on the phone" thing.

There is more planning and scripting for a lot of things than it may appear - the art is in making it look like its unscripted and done on the fly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • Bluecortina

(19-02-2023, 09:14 AM)GNeil Jones Wrote:  Aren't all shows scripted to some degree as it is?
Something live like SNT is scripted to a large extent, its not just a case of wander into a studio somewhere and make it up as you go along.  Even the likes of the shopping channels plan what they're flogging and when, even if you can't script the whole "15 of you on the phone" thing.

There is more planning and scripting for a lot of things than it may appear - the art is in making it look like its unscripted and done on the fly and dealing with stuff that didn't occur in rehearsal.
Well yes of course. I meant something with a plot/giving them a chance to act.