Pres Café
Saturday Night Takeaway - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Saturday Night Takeaway (/showthread.php?tid=350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JMT1985 - 14-02-2024

I have the feeling we are not in an event mode of Saturday prime time anymore, where ITV have the big event programme of the season to watch. Those days are long gone, and I don't see what can be done to improve ITV Saturday prime time.

What can ITV do - Strictly in the autumn on BBC One is really the big go to Saturday show for most - I think ITV are now always going to be left out in the cold.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Andrew - 14-02-2024

I’m not massively sure what Strictly has to do with Saturday Night Takeaway?

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JMT1985 - 14-02-2024

(14-02-2024, 11:11 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I’m not massively sure what Strictly has to do with Saturday Night Takeaway?

I am talking about Saturday prime time television - Strictly on the BBC seems to be the only big show on Saturday night, and with SNT ending, ITV does have holes in their schedules to fill

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Brekkie - 15-02-2024

Well although not as big as Strictly there has been three big shows on in recent weeks and BBC1 has managed to significantly improve it's Q1 line up without causing too much damage to The Masked Singer.

ITV certainly has work to do, especially in the autumn, but nothing to panic about really.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - tellyblues - 15-02-2024

Ninja Warrior and The Masked Dancer were said to have been "rested" for 2023 because of the rugby but I think it's likely they would have been axed outright if not for that. I can't see them returning now. Mamma Mia may have just been a one-off but had it been successful, ITV would have been looking at other formats based around the music of popular acts even if there wasn't a musical on the go. But it wasn't so plenty of holes to fill.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JAS84 - 15-02-2024

The Masked Dancer's definitely gone, it never took off like it's sister show The Masked Singer did. But with the success of Gladiators, ITV must be regretting that it wasn't them who brought it back. For that reason I can see them bringing Ninja Warrior UK back again.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - James2001 - 15-02-2024

Doesn't really seem suprising it didn't take off, it's not like you can really properly try and identify people from dancing in the way you can with singing.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - AaronTV - 15-02-2024

(14-02-2024, 12:17 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  BGT is fading fast, Masked Singer is staring to fade and The Voice is on life support.

None of these things are true. BGT is down slightly but still doing well, The Masked Singer is doing a solid job at nearly 5m, and The Voice has settled on its own level between 2-3m.

Anything that can get above 3m in the current climate is a hit frankly, given where we are with most slot averages, and anything slightly under that is a reliable enough performer.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JMT1985 - 15-02-2024

One Saturday night show I feel needs a rest or at least a good kick up the arse is The Jonathan Ross Show, which returns this weekend.

I remember his BBC Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, and always loved the edge to that show - now, it is a dull show, which scrapes a trickle of viewers. Someone said his Christmas special didn't even break the 1 million mark.

This country only really has two talk shows - Graham Norton and Jonathan Ross in prime time/late evening - why not ITV create a new one, as it seems they have abandoned John Bishop's show.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Larry the Loafer - 15-02-2024

(15-02-2024, 01:50 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  One Saturday night show I feel needs a rest or at least a good kick up the arse is The Jonathan Ross Show, which returns this weekend.

I remember his BBC Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, and always loved the edge to that show - now, it is a dull show, which scrapes a trickle of viewers. Someone said his Christmas special didn't even break the 1 million mark.

This country only really has two talk shows - Graham Norton and Jonathan Ross in prime time/late evening - why not ITV create a new one, as it seems they have abandoned John Bishop's show.

Either channel could do with a chat show that was a touch more serious/journalistic in the same vain as Parkinson or Aspel & Company. I've heard arguments that that's what podcasts are for, but everyone and their gran seems to have a podcast nowadays and the market is terribly oversaturated. Funnily enough, John Bishop did a show of that ilk for W(atch) that was very intimate and personal a few years back. His recent ITV stint just felt like another JR Show complete with forced, unfunny comedy that didn't sit right, in my opinion.