Pres Café
Saturday Night Takeaway - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Saturday Night Takeaway (/showthread.php?tid=350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - all new phil - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 05:00 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  They could revive million pound drop. The series rated well back on channel 4, if they brought it back on itv1 with the original format, it could do well. They could also have another go at rising star, which was recently used as the Israeli national selection for eurovision 2024.

Million Pound Drop was a great show that should have done a lot better. It felt ultra modern amongst all the other twee shows we had. I could see it doing well in the Limitless Win slot.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - TJTSW - 16-02-2024

It seems to me that what ITV needs is a feel good family enterianment show to fill SNT, which if we go back into ITV's past would be Cilla and Surprise Surprise... we know Surprise Surprise has come back without Cilla but with Holly who actually did an amazing job of filling some big liverpool boots,

Ant & Dec are/were great mates with Holly, I'm Guessing ITV have faith in Holly... so what a great show to bring back Surpise Surprise - give Holly another ITV show you know she can do well!

tv bingo

I could be wrong but Surprise Surprise with Holly could fill SNT gap while SNT takes a break?

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Jon - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 11:11 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Million Pound Drop was a great show that should have done a lot better.
It had 10 seasons and ran for 5 years followed by a daytime run.

So it must have done alright by Channel 4’s standards.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Brekkie - 16-02-2024

That was axed before it started but it might be worth a shot if The Voice, which essentially has a similar hook, is put out of it's misery.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - ckck1704 - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 05:00 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  They could also have another go at rising star, which was recently used as the Israeli national selection for eurovision 2024.

They originally planned to air it in 2015, when the Israeli show was in its infancy. However, it was cancelled before broadcast following the failure and cancellation of the American version. Given how the format is much more known now, it could do well in the uk, as long as it is completely live as in the original show. On the topic of Israeli, i stumbled upon this format that might work for itv:

https://youtu.be/EeiJoqKBxdI?si=RN-O7dNDNbsIyHQ9 

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - PJamo - 17-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 11:12 PM)TJTSW Wrote:  It seems to me that what ITV needs is a feel good family enterianment show to fill SNT, which if we go back into ITV's past would be Cilla and Surprise Surprise... we know Surprise Surprise has come back without Cilla but with Holly who actually did an amazing job of filling some big liverpool boots,

Ant & Dec are/were great mates with Holly, I'm Guessing ITV have faith in Holly... so what a great show to bring back Surpise Surprise - give Holly another ITV show you know she can do well!

tv bingo

I could be wrong but Surprise Surprise with Holly could fill SNT gap while SNT takes a break?

Speaking of Cilla I thought a revival of Moment of Truth might be good - as long as the rotating sofa comes back too.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - TheGregmeister - 17-02-2024

(17-02-2024, 12:03 AM)PJamo Wrote:  Speaking of Cilla I thought a revival of Moment of Truth might be good - as long as the rotating sofa comes back too.
Didn't Gino D'Acampo do a reworked version of that format for Channel 5 some years ago? It wasn't called "Moment of Truth", but had a very similar format IIRC.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - tellyblues - 17-02-2024

That was Win Your Wish List which was originally part of the lottery show before the BBC axed it. It was similar in that contestants played for non cash prizes but question based as opposed to the memory and skill challenges of Moment of Truth.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - tvfan123! - 18-02-2024

The first episode of the new series of Takeaway will feature brand new Little Ant & Dec, a Simon Cowell undercover, and an End of the Show Show from Becky Hill with viral TikTok dancers Urban Theory! Starts Saturday at 7pm Live on ITV1.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Larry the Loafer - 18-02-2024

(18-02-2024, 03:13 PM)tvfan123! Wrote:  The first episode of the new series of Takeaway will feature brand new Little Ant & Dec, a Simon Cowell undercover, and an End of the Show Show from Becky Hill with viral TikTok dancers Urban Theory! Starts Saturday at 7pm Live on ITV1.

Everything but the presence of Becky Hill explains why I'm not really going to miss this show once it goes.