Pres Café
Saturday Night Takeaway - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Saturday Night Takeaway (/showthread.php?tid=350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Stooky Bill - 25-02-2024

(24-02-2024, 10:43 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  I thought it was great - giving the entire audience the holiday reminded me of that episode of Don’t Forget Your Toothbrush (ancient history in TV terms, I know)
There's always been a lot of Toothbrush influence in SNT. See for instance the quick looking between cameras thing they did last night. The two both ended their title sequence with their show logo on the top of the London Studios tower.

(25-02-2024, 12:28 AM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  I wouldn't say that the show is predictable, but yeah, it's definitely samey. It's not gotten to the point of being predictable or boring IMO, but not a lot has changed over the last few years. It works, and they've kept to it.

Interestingly though, the only time someone ever mentioned this series being the last was the announcer during Ant V. Dec.

As its being billed as the 20th and last series fora while, they're going through their old bankers and favourites

(24-02-2024, 10:16 PM)EJnutz Wrote:  Totally agree with you. Thought it was great fun. Looking forward to seeing the cheeky Little Ant and Dec

The little Ant was a right precocious brat by the looks of it, I think they'll regret that casting.

The original ones seemed a lot more sensible and calmer.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - iloveTV1 - 25-02-2024

(25-02-2024, 10:08 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  The little Ant was a right precocious brat by the looks of it, I think they'll regret that casting.

The original ones seemed a lot more sensible and calmer.

Interesting judgement of a 6 year old based off their first 5 minutes on live TV.

I still think the show is excellent. Everything might not land every week, the first segment felt just a little bit disjointed and I don’t know if they necessarily needed both Jordan and Clara given they both did one thing each and then weren’t seen for the rest of the show, but it’s still an enjoyable 90 minutes.

It also looks like they’re not doing their comedy segment this year as they usually have a trailer for in the first episode.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 25-02-2024

(25-02-2024, 10:43 AM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  Interesting judgement of a 6 year old based off their first 5 minutes on live TV.

They've obviously been instructed to go big but it just makes them excruciating not cute. This is my problem with the show and most shows that includes "regular people"; everyone is told to turn it up to 11 and it looks so forced and overly choreographed. It would be so much more enjoyable, and far less cringey, if everyone dialed it back at bit.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Ash101 - 25-02-2024

(25-02-2024, 10:43 AM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  It also looks like they’re not doing their comedy segment this year as they usually have a trailer for in the first episode.

Good point, hadn’t thought of that. But I guess something has to give, if they’re going to include segments with Little Ant & Dec.

I echo most of the comments here, it’s a fantastic show and I’ll be sad to see it go. There really is nothing else like it & the first 15 minutes really showcased that.

Bit like with DOI, I’m unsure why they include a live bug up the top, as it just shows off the moments it wasn’t live (whole of segment 2, which was presumably done to allow them to set up the Vs challenge & it kept flipping back and forth in the End of the Show Show).

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Hybrid - 25-02-2024

5M being reported for the return yesterday:

From @superTV247 on X:

RATINGS: The final series of Ant & Dec’s #SaturdayNightTakeaway opened with 5 million last night, ever so slightly down year on year.

The series has definitely come to a natural end (for now) after peaking in 2020 with 9m overnight, then 6-7m in 2021/2, falling to 5m in 2023

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Andrew - 25-02-2024

(25-02-2024, 01:07 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  5M being reported for the return yesterday:

From @superTV247 on X:

RATINGS: The final series of Ant & Dec’s #SaturdayNightTakeaway opened with 5 million last night, ever so slightly down year on year.

The series has definitely come to a natural end (for now) after peaking in 2020 with 9m overnight, then 6-7m in 2021/2, falling to 5m in 2023

Unnecessarily negative from SuperTV there (as they always are), none of those comparisons they quote were the normal ratings

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JAS84 - 25-02-2024

You need to compare mid-series episodes, yeah, not the first or last. Look at Wheel of Fortune. Major drop between week 1 and week 3. Compared to Gladiators (which usually airs in the same timeslot on another channel), which has held steady at 4m.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Brekkie - 25-02-2024

(25-02-2024, 01:03 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Good point, hadn’t thought of that. But I guess something has to give, if they’re going to include segments with Little Ant & Dec.

I echo most of the comments here, it’s a fantastic show and I’ll be sad to see it go. There really is nothing else like it & the first 15 minutes really showcased that.

Bit like with DOI, I’m unsure why they include a live bug up the top, as it just shows off the moments it wasn’t live (whole of segment 2, which was presumably done to allow them to set up the Vs challenge & it kept flipping back and forth in the End of the Show Show).

Yes, it's such a dumb decision and removes a bit of the magic of TV. They should just do what they often do on US show and have a brief live graphic on the return from the break.

I would hope at least they do the last End of the Show Show live. From the clips I've seen of last night's that should absolutely have been done live. Fair play though if they did Ant vs Dec live - that's the one bit you'd understand pre-recording.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Andrew - 25-02-2024

(25-02-2024, 02:12 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Yes, it's such a dumb decision and removes a bit of the magic of TV. They should just do what they often do on US show and have a brief live graphic on the return from the break.

Only if you’ve got your eyes focussed on the live bug at all times.I didn’t even notice that the Little Ant & Dec bit wasn’t live, as it was concentrating on the action on screen

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Larry the Loafer - 25-02-2024

(25-02-2024, 03:28 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Only if you’ve got your eyes focussed on the live bug at all times.I didn’t even notice that the Little Ant & Dec bit wasn’t live, as it was concentrating on the action on screen

To be honest, ever since I first noticed that little technicality, I can't help but spot if and when the LIVE bug slips away. It's part fascination to see how seamlessly they integrate pre-records into a live show, and part "why the hell have they done it that way" and/or "why have they set themselves up to tell us when something isn't actually live?"