Pres Café
Saturday Night Takeaway - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Saturday Night Takeaway (/showthread.php?tid=350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Hybrid - 02-03-2024

Might be a silly question but how does Win The Ads work when ITV has regional breaks?

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JMT1985 - 02-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 09:14 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  Might be a silly question but how does Win The Ads work when ITV has regional breaks?

Since ITV regions don't really exist properly anymore, advertising is more or less the same across the country apart from the odd regional company advert - so they simply chose adverts/companies who are available across the UK

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Larry the Loafer - 02-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 09:14 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  Might be a silly question but how does Win The Ads work when ITV has regional breaks?

I think they're just prizes put together to give the impression they're from an ad break. I'm not sure whether that's always been the case since the early days, but if it was actually based on a break, I'd imagine they'd just use the London feed.

(02-03-2024, 08:54 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  I’m referring to the twitter and Instagram profiles

It hasn't stopped people using Quote Retweets or whatever they're called.

Right, I am a bit confused here - the End of the Show Show had the LIVE icon in the top left of the screen - and they had a live link to the hosts of the Brits. And there was little Ant and Dec on stage - so why bother to pre-record the earlier segment with them? And what was the point of the 12.30pm recording which was posted on Applause Store for today?

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Andrew - 02-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 09:30 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Right, I am a bit confused here - the End of the Show Show had the LIVE icon in the top left of the screen - and they had a live link to the hosts of the Brits. And there was little Ant and Dec on stage - so why bother to pre-record the earlier segment with them? And what was the point of the 12.30pm recording which was posted on Applause Store for today?

As previously said, they obviously don’t think it is appropriate to do Little Ant & Dec’s bit live when they are only 5 3/4 or 6, I’m not sure why you are so annoyed by this?

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - VMPhil - 02-03-2024

I also would have thought it’s pretty clear there are various reasons to record that bit rather than do it live. To give one example, if one of them does something wrong by mistake and gets upset, it can be cut out rather than haunting the now 5 / 6 year olds for the rest of their lives.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - bilky asko - 02-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 09:48 PM)Andrew Wrote:  As previously said, they obviously don’t think it is appropriate to do Little Ant & Dec’s bit live when they are only 5 3/4 or 6, I’m not sure why you are so annoyed by this?

By prerecording, it reduces the pressure on them, given them a time of day that means they're likely to be at their most energetic, and reduces the risk of one or both of them not coming out onto the stage for whatever reason.

Incidentally, the Ella Eyre performance was live in the end.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Brekkie - 02-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 08:44 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  Also quite sad really how they’ve had to turn off the comments on posts featuring Little Ant and Dec, who are ultimately both only 6 years old.
I do wonder if it was wise to cast them so young. The original Little Ant and Dec were both 9 years old when they started.

(02-03-2024, 09:48 PM)Andrew Wrote:  As previously said, they obviously don’t think it is appropriate to do Little Ant & Dec’s bit live when they are only 5 3/4 or 6, I’m not sure why you are so annoyed by this?

First, I am not annoyed, just a bit confused, as to why have little Ant and Dec on stage live at the end of the show, but pre-record their bit earlier in the day. Also, I wanted to know if the 12.30pm recording for SNT published in Applause Store for today was for little Ant and Dec?

If they can appear in on stage at the end of the show, but can't be there live for their chat with Ant and Dec on stage, it just baffles me a bit. Fine for them to be on a crowded stage live, but not for a sit down chat.

Again, not annoyed, just confused. Must be my old age creeping up on me

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - m_in_m - 03-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 11:26 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  First, I am not annoyed, just a bit confused, as to why have little Ant and Dec on stage live at the end of the show, but pre-record their bit earlier in the day. Also, I wanted to know if the 12.30pm recording for SNT published in Applause Store for today was for little Ant and Dec?

If they can appear in on stage at the end of the show, but can't be there live for their chat with Ant and Dec on stage, it just baffles me a bit. Fine for them to be on a crowded stage live, but not for a sit down chat.

Again, not annoyed, just confused. Must be my old age creeping up on me

If they don't appear on stage at the end it doesn't affect the overall programme. If they don't appear on stage during their main segment it does have an issue so pre-recording that makes perfect sense. It reduces the risk of harm to the children and of any compliance issues - they want Little Ant & Dec to be cheeky so that might increase the risk of them swearing.