Pres Café
Saturday Night Takeaway - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Saturday Night Takeaway (/showthread.php?tid=350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - thegeek - 03-03-2024

It may be related to child labour laws and a restriction on the amount of work they can do after 7pm. Or simply a duty of care from ITV.

The schedule doesn't appear to have been released yet, but ITV1 has rugby all evening on the 16th, so I expect we'll be skipping the week after next. Sorry - 'Ant and Dec OFF THE AIR in major ITV shake-up.'

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - AJB39 - 03-03-2024

Pre-recording the Little Ant and Dec bits may also give their parents a chance to view the content that they are involved in before it goes to air to make sure they are happy with it.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Brekkie - 03-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 08:13 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  I note that this year's Ring My Bell neither mentioned Ring nor featured a Ring watermark. It still had the trademark chime sound, so probably worth the cost saving to Amazon.

Ooh, if I'd watched that live I could have failed to win £500 - that first door bell is down the road from me. Probably 30 seconds too far though.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Larry the Loafer - 03-03-2024

As somebody mentioned earlier, they shoot themselves in the foot for casting such young children. The point of the original incarnation, as I interpreted it, was to have two innocent kids ask awkward questions to celebrities and watch them try and answer in a way that was considerate and appropriate for two 9 year-olds while the audience wet themselves laughing. Last night's segment was just watching two actresses play with two 6 year-olds with little-to-no entertainment value to the more mature viewer.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JMT1985 - 03-03-2024

The only reason Little Ant and Dec was brought back in 2024, is due to their upcoming "break" which I still feel will not be a break but more a kind way to end the show

Ant and Dec continue to say it is a break, I don't believe it - the break in 2009 was fine, as this was in a different era, when this show actually mattered, now in 2024, a break means people will forget about you, and any come back will be very low.

So bringing back Little Ant and Dec is a nice way to say goodbye to one of the show's famous items.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - tellyblues - 03-03-2024

I think the show will return, a special at least, but not within the next three years. Everything is geared around this series being the 20th, which the guys perhaps feel is a good round number to leave on. Given the mixed reception to this run, there probably would have been a load of comments of "one too many" next year if they had decided to continue and people not having the same appetite for another series as opposed to now where they are maybe more content because it is an anniversary year. Again, comparing it to Noel's House Party's 100th (or 103rd) episode and the series 5 finale, it's difficult for a show to pick up again after a particular milestone has been reached and in that case the ratings showed that the good times don't last.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Andrew - 03-03-2024

(03-03-2024, 06:43 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Ant and Dec continue to say it is a break, I don't believe it - the break in 2009 was fine, as this was in a different era, when this show actually mattered, now in 2024, a break means people will forget about you, and any come back will be very low.

I’m not sure how you’ve reached that conclusion?

Ant and Dec bring back Takeaway in 2028 and people won’t remember what it was and won’t watch?

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JMT1985 - 04-03-2024

(03-03-2024, 10:12 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I’m not sure how you’ve reached that conclusion?

Ant and Dec bring back Takeaway in 2028 and people won’t remember what it was and won’t watch?

I think the appetite for the show will decrease by 2028, the year you use. Unlike when they had a break in 2009, I think people wanted to see it back. I don't see that in a few years time.

Again, my opinion, you don't have to agree

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Ash101 - 04-03-2024

One of the biggest draws of Saturday Night Takeaway to us is that it’s live. Paired with 1% Club playing along on the app, it’s the only night of the week we’ve watched stuff actually live. (We usually start stuff half an hour or so later to skip the ads).

I think for this reason, it’ll still be a show ITV are keen to bring back. As much as filling ITVX with content is important, so are actual appointment to view shows - and that’ll never change!

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Johnr - 04-03-2024

I actually found the “What Am I” the highlight of the show this week as it was just pure live TV mayhem (a particular highlight being the contestant trying to describe “Cow” as “Jordan North is with one!”)

Some of the pre recorded elements such as the cinema setup I actually found myself a bit bored watching, as by now they’re rather predictable what will happen