Pres Café
Saturday Night Takeaway - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Saturday Night Takeaway (/showthread.php?tid=350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Scrotnig - 07-04-2024

Last night’s seemed to drag a bit for me. I don’t think the Out of Me Ear Revenge was all that funny, and it went on far too long. End of the Show Show was just Take That plugging their new single and tour, it didn’t seem to have anything special about it.

I’ve enjoyed this series, but this edition felt a bit flat.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - all new phil - 07-04-2024

(07-04-2024, 07:59 AM)darrenlit94 Wrote:  According to The Sun Stephen pulled out of last nights show. They don’t do Ant Vs Dec every week anyway so I don’t see why he would have been there. They said Jordan North replaced him but he was only on during Spot the Difference which he usually does that sort of thing.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/27163437/stephen-mulhern-pulls-out-saturday-night-takeaway/ 

I once *dramatically pulled out of work last minute* too, ie I have also phoned in sick.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Ash101 - 07-04-2024

That Stephen Mulhern story doesn’t quite ring true. As like you say, Jordan usually does those bits anyway. Unless he was supposed to do some of the others & Stephen was going to be involved with the final one instead.

Agree about the Ear bit, parts of it even made me cringe which I don’t usually get with other editions.

Nothing dramatic or sinister about someone being unwell. The Sun and others love to over egg this stuff. I’m quite sure a show like this has contingency plans for such an event.

I’d imagine you have to be fully fit to appear on live telly like that. Being under the weather won’t cut it.

I hope Stephen feels better soon, that’s the main thing. I’m sure he’s feeling even worse for having to pull out.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - darrenlit94 - 07-04-2024

(07-04-2024, 08:28 AM)Scrotnig Wrote:  Last night’s seemed to drag a bit for me. I don’t think the Out of Me Ear Revenge was all that funny, and it went on far too long. End of the Show Show was just Take That plugging their new single and tour, it didn’t seem to have anything special about it.

I’ve enjoyed this series, but this edition felt a bit flat.

I’m just glad we didn’t get the usual medley of ‘Greatest Day’, ‘Rule The World/ ‘Shine’ and a big finale of ‘Never Forget’.

(07-04-2024, 10:17 AM)darrenlit94 Wrote:  I’m just glad we didn’t get the usual medley of ‘Greatest Day’, ‘Rule The World/ ‘Shine’ and a big finale of ‘Never Forget’.

Very true.

And don’t get me wrong, I like Take That and it’s always good to hear new stuff from them. I just thought that performance was a bit of a disappointment and it felt like they were going through the motions and didn’t really want to be there.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Andrew - 07-04-2024

(07-04-2024, 10:15 AM)Scrotnig Wrote:  Nothing dramatic or sinister about someone being unwell. The Sun and others love to over egg this stuff. I’m quite sure a show like this has contingency plans for such an event.

I’d imagine you have to be fully fit to appear on live telly like that. Being under the weather won’t cut it.

I hope Stephen feels better soon, that’s the main thing. I’m sure he’s feeling even worse for having to pull out.

Still think it’s a made up story and The Sun don’t realise that he doesn’t appear every week anyway

The only possible thing he could have even involved in was ‘Spot the Difference’ but Jordan North and other miscellaneous faces usually do that sort of item anyway

The papers have to run a dramatic sounding story every week, and they presumably couldn’t find one this week

(07-04-2024, 10:28 AM)Andrew Wrote:  Still think it’s a made up story and The Sun don’t realise that he doesn’t appear every week anyway

The only possible thing he could have even involved in was ‘Spot the Difference’ but Jordan North and other miscellaneous faces usually do that sort of item anyway

The papers have to run a dramatic sounding story every week, and they presumably couldn’t find one this week

That is equally plausible, yes.

I’m surprised they didn’t go with “Stephen Mulhern REPLACED on Saturday Night Takeaway as show thrown into CHAOS”.

I could be a headline writer for these newspapers!

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - darrenlit94 - 07-04-2024

The get me here segment didn’t really work either because I can’t believe the people involved didn’t know what’s going on. They clearly knew they were being filmed for something. It works with celebrities like Louis Walsh and Richard Madeley but not Ant and Dec themselves. An undercover on Ant and Dec would have been a better idea. I’m sure they could done something with a few celebrities at the filming of BGT or Limitless Win.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - TheGregmeister - 07-04-2024

(07-04-2024, 10:17 AM)darrenlit94 Wrote:  I’m just glad we didn’t get the usual medley of ‘Greatest Day’, ‘Rule The World/ ‘Shine’ and a big finale of ‘Never Forget’.

It's not as if they were going to also do a medley of their early stuff from the 90s and have Robbie and Jason show up as well either!