Pres Café
Saturday Night Takeaway - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Saturday Night Takeaway (/showthread.php?tid=350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - James2001 - 09-04-2024

(09-04-2024, 07:01 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  When was Noel's House Party last repeated?

An episode from 1991 on BBC4 last year.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Amber Avenger - 10-04-2024

Haven't enjoyed this series as much as previous ones but there have been some highlights in there such as What's Next and a couple of other bits celebrating the history of the show. Have never been a huge fan of Stephen but the Ant vs Dec In for a Penny was a lot of fun too.

Agree I think this is probably it for Takeaway after this week, but I think they want to avoid saying it's done completely because why not keep the door open. They have definitely been a bit vaguer on it being the "last series for now" than they were when it was announced

The "get out me ears" seemed like the sort of thing that should have run over two weeks - seemed a bit overkill to have both in one ep. I agree Simon and Amanda just didn't have the good natured spirit Dermot and Alison did - although in the end both couples were just reading off a script for a lot of - I presume Ant and Dec do have a few prompts too but are better improvisers on the spot. Simon especially was terrible and I noticed Amanda was driving most of it.

On Little Ant and Dec, I agree they have cast a bit too young. I wonder if they have rethought that as the series goes on - there is no mention of them that I can see doing an interview for the last show, so it'll have been a lot of effort for them to have just done two interview packages.

Hopefully there will be a couple of other surprises in there on Saturday too - a return to the pre-titles sketch would be nice. Roll the titles!

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Andrew - 12-04-2024

Even though they aren’t in Florida, it looks like the last show of the series will still have that outside broadcast feel

They’ve built two stages outside Television Centre alongside the normal set in the studio

Ant & Dec were just on This Morning showing there is a stage out front, and also one in the concrete donut

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JMT1985 - 12-04-2024

(12-04-2024, 11:44 AM)Andrew Wrote:  Even though they aren’t in Florida, it looks like the last show of the series will still have that outside broadcast feel

They’ve built two stages outside Television Centre alongside the normal set in the studio

Ant & Dec were just on This Morning showing there is a stage out front, and also one in the concrete donut

Ant and Dec's SNT are why The Last Leg are kicked out of Television Centre in February/March, as they usually use TC1 as their studios, but Ant and Dec always need TC1 on a Friday just to get their massive set installed and ready for Saturday - this series, The Last Leg relocated to BBC Elstree Studio D (a studio which looks like it could be closing soon).

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - GraemeT88 - 13-04-2024

Wee montage of old titles to kick off the show tonight

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Larry the Loafer - 13-04-2024

An excellent opening to tonight's "final" episode featuring the full theme tune and a lovely montage of previous title sequences.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JMT1985 - 13-04-2024

This show tonight really does have a feeling of a end of an era finale - I said before, this feels like a full farewell to SNT, not just a break

In 2009, did they do a huge 2 hour special to end it, when they went on their first hiatus?

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Johnr - 13-04-2024

Sadly looks like ITVX will be butchered for part of Ring My Bell EXTREME

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Scrotnig - 13-04-2024

(13-04-2024, 07:32 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Sadly looks like ITVX will be butchered for part of Ring My Bell EXTREME
Why can’t they just beep it out?

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Brekkie - 13-04-2024

Or just add an advisory. I dodn't hear anything personally - just the apology.