Pres Café
ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Online Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=37)

RE: ITVX - Neil Jones - 20-11-2023

(20-11-2023, 09:52 PM)Nobby Wrote:  I don't think it's random. Earlier they showed episode 7 of Camberwick Green followed by episode 8. They are currently showing episode 9 and apparently episode 10 is next. Even if they only had those 4 episodes to schedule, the chances of them coming up in order when chosen at random is.. well I'm but a mathematician, but it must be quite low. I think they just have a normal schedule like any other channel, the only difference is they don't, as far as I know, publish it anywhere that the likes of you or me can access.

I meant random as in the the shows themselves, not random as in showing episode 4 of series 5 of The Pizza Show followed by Series 6 episode 165.

The Fast channel in question was showing episode 3 of Camberwick Green when I posted.

RE: ITVX - Nobby - 20-11-2023

Maybe they will show Chigley next, or maybe that will be tomorrow.

RE: ITVX - James2001 - 20-11-2023

And a quick look and they are using the 4:3 HD versions of Trumpton. I guess it is possible that they weren't offered the 4:3 Raccoons... the people behind the show have been touting a potentional DVD and Blu-Ray release of the remastered versions for the last year or so, maybe they're wanting to save the 4:3 versions as a reason to encourage people to buy them.

We've had the same with Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, where it's cropped to 16:9 on Disney+, but 4:3 on Blu-Ray.

RE: ITVX - darrenlit94 - 02-12-2023

I was watching I’m a celebrity last night on ITV X. I missed the beginning so I watched from the start. On my Apple TV I noticed you are able to fast forward so I managed skip the ads and catch up to the live broadcast. Have you always been able to do this or is this a new feature on Apple TV?

RE: ITVX - London Lite - 05-12-2023

Regional news is now on the web version of ITVX. Select your region on the new news page.

https://www.itv.com/watch/categories/news 

On the London page, there's an introductionary welcome from Charlene White.

RE: ITVX - RDJ - 05-12-2023

All regions have an introduction to ITVX. UTV is very reluctant to say that they can watch UTV Live on ITV1. And also interestingly they're still using the u.tv web address for their news email address.

Will be interesting to see how the regions utilise this and how much popularity they will garner.

RE: ITVX - Mike - 05-12-2023

If anyone has been double paying for Britbox and ITVX, I had been for a year - they will refund Britbox if you cancel and contact them!

RE: ITVX - James - 05-12-2023

Good to see the regional programmes on ITVX. Hopefully they will continue to improve this and make it possible to find the regional programmes via Search, rather than just through the News section on ITVX and changing your location to the one you're interested in.

Would be good to see some integration between the ITV News website and News content on ITVX. Currently they're completely separate which isn't ideal, especially with the regional content being added. It means there are two separate places to check if you want to access your local news stories on the ITV website.

RE: ITVX - London Lite - 05-12-2023

I can't get it to work on my Android phone app, but it works on the Sky Stream version of ITVX.

RE: ITVX - cable - 06-12-2023

(05-12-2023, 08:02 PM)James Wrote:  Would be good to see some integration between the ITV News website and News content on ITVX. Currently they're completely separate which isn't ideal, especially with the regional content being added. It means there are two separate places to check if you want to access your local news stories on the ITV website.

Indeed, the seperation is very obvious with the background colours used. The legacy news site also uses a different video player (brightcove?) supporting 2 systems is probably inefficient. The current layout of ITVX would probably need to be tweaked to support scrolling text for main articles which is difficult when you take into account desktop users, mobile users and TV users.