Pres Café
CITV is to close - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: CITV is to close (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: CITV is to close - cable - 11-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 10:41 PM)Rex Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 10:08 PM)cable Wrote:  Apparently they plan to keep the CITV brand for the ITV2 strand. I guess this targets older with littleBE for the preschool stuff.

ITV2 is interesting, on Freeview at channel 6, it would be on the top page of the EPG, so arguably this would get more exposure at that position. Cable and Satellite however, it would be more hidden as it wont appear in the kids section of the EPG on Sky/Virgin and is on the 2nd or 3rd page? of the general entertainment section.

Admin edit: removed video from known websnatching YT channel.
It's on the second page of both Sky and Virgin's channel guides (Channel 118 on Sky, Channel 115 on Virgin). It is still very prominent enough to access as a channel

OK, 2nd page. but most kids who do use EPGs tend to go straight to the kids section. I guess it's ok if it appears in the SkyQ kids pages but most won't probably choose to scan through the general section. Sky showcase tended to show sky kids content and that was on the first page. if like Trouble it was targeting older then the general section makes sense. LittleBE makes sense as it would likely be Mums choosing the channel to watch. For prominence, ITV1 probably would have made more sense but I guess they want flexibility in the scheduling. come to think of it is there any requirement in the channel 3 licence for kids content?

RE: CITV is to close - g1ngerj0sh - 11-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 10:50 PM)cable Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 10:41 PM)Rex Wrote:  It's on the second page of both Sky and Virgin's channel guides (Channel 118 on Sky, Channel 115 on Virgin). It is still very prominent enough to access as a channel

OK, 2nd page. but most kids who do use EPGs tend to go straight to the kids section. I guess it's ok if it appears in the SkyQ kids pages but most won't probably choose to scan through the general section. Sky showcase tended to show sky kids content and that was on the first page. if like Trouble it was targeting older then the general section makes sense. LittleBE makes sense as it would likely be Mums choosing the channel to watch. For prominence, ITV1 probably would have made more sense but I guess they want flexibility in the scheduling. come to think of it is there any requirement in the channel 3 licence for kids content?

Well, from whats said, the block wont just air on weekends, and so having it on ITV1 wouldnt be plausible due to all the Daytime programming. Whereas ITV2 is only other suitable channel available, considering ITVBe has LittleBe and 3/4 wouldnt work.

RE: CITV is to close - cable - 11-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 11:13 PM)g1ngerj0sh Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 10:50 PM)cable Wrote:  OK, 2nd page. but most kids who do use EPGs tend to go straight to the kids section. I guess it's ok if it appears in the SkyQ kids pages but most won't probably choose to scan through the general section. Sky showcase tended to show sky kids content and that was on the first page. if like Trouble it was targeting older then the general section makes sense. LittleBE makes sense as it would likely be Mums choosing the channel to watch. For prominence, ITV1 probably would have made more sense but I guess they want flexibility in the scheduling. come to think of it is there any requirement in the channel 3 licence for kids content?

Well, from whats said, the block wont just air on weekends, and so having it on ITV1 wouldnt be plausible due to all the Daytime programming. Whereas ITV2 is only other suitable channel available, considering ITVBe has LittleBe and 3/4 wouldnt work.

ah yes, where you put it like that, it does make sense. I suppose it should give them more than 5000 viewers too!

RE: CITV is to close - KrazyKei - 12-03-2023

I'm quite saddened by CITV closing. A lot of my childhood memories come from there including Sooty, Rosie and Jim, Zzzap, Fun House, Art Attack and Finders Keepers etc. I guess things do move on but I will treasure that part of my childhood as I was always a CITV child instead of CBBC.

RE: CITV is to close - Josh - 12-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 10:32 PM)cable Wrote:  I suppose if its on ITV2, how this might fit in with the multiverse idents.

Rural - kids on a bouncy castle in a field.
train station - friends and family getting on a train for a day out.
cafe - kids with milkshakes and cakes.
Seaside - kids on colourful bungee trampolines.

the ITV2 logo and surrounding graphics somehow morphs into the CITV logo?

I doubt they'd go to the effort of making any new presentation for this strand, especially if everything's already been filmed already.

RE: CITV is to close - Hybrid - 12-03-2023

The LittleBe promo for The Sound Collector has the old ITVBe logo.

RE: CITV is to close - cable - 12-03-2023

(12-03-2023, 02:32 AM)Josh Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 10:32 PM)cable Wrote:  I suppose if its on ITV2, how this might fit in with the multiverse idents.

Rural - kids on a bouncy castle in a field.
train station - friends and family getting on a train for a day out.
cafe - kids with milkshakes and cakes.
Seaside - kids on colourful bungee trampolines.

the ITV2 logo and surrounding graphics somehow morphs into the CITV logo?

I doubt they'd go to the effort of making any new presentation for this strand, especially if everything's already been filmed already.
Would they have made some for the ITV KIDS set they could rework?

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 12-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 10:07 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  So if we put then into a chart CITV is right in the middle

Yes but when you consider that CITV has universal coverage it is:
[list=1]
[*]
Comfortably bottom amongst those with universal coverage (CBBC, CBeebies, Pop, Tiny Pop)

[*]Behind two pay TV only channels (Nick Jr and Nick Jr 2)
[/list]

I can well believe that ITV believe they can do better for children by putting stuff on ITVX and for themselves by using the capacity for a +1.

The ITV2 thing feels like a workaround to ensure they're meeting some license obligations, I suspect nobody will watch it and ITV will kill it off in the medium term (perhaps via ITV4).

RE: CITV is to close - tellyblues - 12-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 05:58 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Kids are often quick to move on. Indeed, just a couple of weeks ago I overheard a child of 3 asking for ITVX by name.

Some kids are lucky to get access to ITVX, others not so fortunate. It will be the case that since the blocks were scrapped, some kids in households with only one screen and "adults" having new shows for them to watch on BBC1 and ITV will have had to do without.

RE: CITV is to close - Roger Darthwell - 12-03-2023

(12-03-2023, 12:04 PM)WillPS Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 10:07 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  So if we put then into a chart CITV is right in the middle

Yes but when you consider that CITV has universal coverage it is:
[list=1]
[*]
Comfortably bottom amongst those with universal coverage (CBBC, CBeebies, Pop, Tiny Pop)

[*]Behind two pay TV only channels (Nick Jr and Nick Jr 2)
[/list]

I can well believe that ITV believe they can do better for children by putting stuff on ITVX and for themselves by using the capacity for a +1.

The ITV2 thing feels like a workaround to ensure they're meeting some license obligations, I suspect nobody will watch it and ITV will kill it off in the medium term (perhaps via ITV4).

I think that ITV can't kill off the ITV2 thing, otherwise it would be against their own licence, also to be fair it's better to have universal coverage but I digress

(12-03-2023, 01:19 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 05:58 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Kids are often quick to move on. Indeed, just a couple of weeks ago I overheard a child of 3 asking for ITVX by name.

Some kids are lucky to get access to ITVX, others not so fortunate. It will be the case that since the blocks were scrapped, some kids in households with only one screen and "adults" having new shows for them to watch on BBC1 and ITV will have had to do without.
So very well said!