Pres Café
Challenge Anneka - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Challenge Anneka (/showthread.php?tid=385)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Challenge Anneka - WillPS - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 08:14 AM)Pips2022 Wrote:  Hardly any of these revivals really work, beyond a short, initial burst of enthusiasm (Challenge Anneka didn’t even get that)- Changing Rooms, The Crystal Maze and so on.

Sometimes they do. Love Island is one. Wouldn't surprise me if Survivor does well too when it comes back.

RE: Challenge Anneka - tellyblues - 12-05-2023

What helped Love Island is that it was no longer about celebrities so somehow wasn't seen as trashy and it went on a channel intended for an audience who likely wouldn't have known about the original show. It was able to grow whereas if it had gone on ITV it would have attracted negativity and been axed soonafter.

The general public don't remember Survivor so that will play into its hands. The thing with most revivals is that the original is so iconic that there will always be comparisons and again a problem is that the audience who remember it are the same intended audience the second time around.

RE: Challenge Anneka - iloveTV1 - 12-05-2023

Catchphrase and (All Star) Family Fortunes also do/did well - Catchphrase for over 10 years now, in fact.

RE: Challenge Anneka - tellyblues - 12-05-2023

Two examples of shows that do better with celebrities! They had to be tweaked somehow to continue.

RE: Challenge Anneka - Johnr - 12-05-2023

Amazing to think how ITV initially designed (Celebrity) Love Island to try and steal viewers away from Big Brother and they've now ended up with Big Brother!

I must confess I've been watching Love Island recently on ITVX out of boredom and to my shock horror found myself...enjoying it?! Although into Series 3 now and the novelty is starting to wear off a bit let alone another 6 series...

RE: Challenge Anneka - James2001 - 13-05-2023

As long as they don't try and bring back Celebrity Wrestling!

RE: Challenge Anneka - Kojak - 13-05-2023

(13-05-2023, 12:10 AM)James2001 Wrote:  As long as they don't try and bring back Celebrity Wrestling!
That’s more Channel 5’s domain, I think.  Big Grin

RE: Challenge Anneka - cando - 13-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 08:58 AM)WillPS Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 08:14 AM)Pips2022 Wrote:  Hardly any of these revivals really work, beyond a short, initial burst of enthusiasm (Challenge Anneka didn’t even get that)- Changing Rooms, The Crystal Maze and so on.

Sometimes they do. Love Island is one. Wouldn't surprise me if Survivor does well too when it comes back.

In regard Love Island, both versions only really share a name. The current version has a format with various twists and Casa Amor and the contestants have to couple up.

The original version was an utter shambles with Patrick Kielty and Kelly Brook presenting like Ant & Dec do I'm a celebrity.

They basically just got 10 celebrities put them on an Island and hoped they would sh'g. They producers made it up as they went along. Iirc they didn't even need to couple up.

The Castaway revival was a big flop for the BBC too.

RE: Challenge Anneka - Brekkie - 17-05-2023

Assumed the second unaired episode would air next week to get it burnt off ASAP but that's not the case. Guess it'll air as another "special" later in the year.

RE: Challenge Anneka - Juicy Joe - 17-05-2023

Anyone know what the ratings were for the newly improved 7.30pm Sunday slot? Hope they were better than before.