Pres Café
RTE / TG4 General Presentation thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: RTE / TG4 General Presentation thread (/showthread.php?tid=390)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: RTE / TG4 General Presentation thread - Edogawa Ranpo - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 01:27 PM)Rdd Wrote:  Why? The corporate logo is timeless, and works as well today as it did in 1995 (contrast with the monstrosity used beforehand).

RTE One really needs refreshed presentation - even having dropped most of the 2006 idents, the rest of their presentation will be ten years old in a few weeks - but I can understand why they might not want to do it at this particular point, and the boat may have been missed for now.

Well, they could use the current logo, just like put everything under one corporate rebrand like the BBC did recently.
One could really do with some new idents though.

RE: RTE / TG4 General Presentation thread - VMPhil - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 01:27 PM)Rdd Wrote:  Why? The corporate logo is timeless, and works as well today as it did in 1995 (contrast with the monstrosity used beforehand).

Exactly - why would a major public service broadcaster ever replace their excellent, timeless, well designed logo with a much inferior and cheap looking imitation?

RE: RTE / TG4 General Presentation thread - Edogawa Ranpo - 12-12-2023

I would like to see the St. Brigid's Cross return, but in a modern form that can be used in creative ways for the idents.
The Cross is like the Irish version of the BBC globe, as they're both iconic symbols of their respective broadcasters.

RE: RTE / TG4 General Presentation thread - Rdd - 13-12-2023

It is, but notwithstanding that we got a new bank holiday for St Brigid’s Day last year, and the fact that the Cross is still used by a number of Kildare related organisations I don’t think that is really the way Irish society is going (nobody except maybe IBEC will ever complain about a bank holiday). I don’t think it will ever be back tbh. At one point post-1995 (when it was no longer part of the corporate logo) RTE used it on their stationary as a watermark of sorts but I don’t know if they still do (or even use stationary in these days of email!)

RE: RTE / TG4 General Presentation thread - rick - 13-12-2023

RTE One really needs refreshed presentation - even having dropped most of the 2006 idents, the rest of their presentation will be ten years old in a few weeks - but I can understand why they might not want to do it at this particular point, and the boat may have been missed for now.

I would actually disagree with that, I think the RTÉ logo looks rather dated and of its time and could certainly be reimagined to appear more modern.

I do agree with you though about the surrounding presentation. Both RTÉ 1 and 2 badly need new looks.

RE: RTE / TG4 General Presentation thread - F4C - 15-12-2023

(13-12-2023, 10:48 PM)rick Wrote:  I would actually disagree with that, I think the RTÉ logo looks rather dated and of its time and could certainly be reimagined to appear more modern.

I do agree with you though about the surrounding presentation. Both RTÉ 1 and 2 badly need new looks.

I think the RTE logo itself is fine, but RTE One and Two are desperate for a makeover.

I appreciate finances are limited at RTE at the minute, but RTE One has been stuck with the same branding going back to 2006, I don’t think many people would be up in arms at a rebrand so long as the cost wasn’t extortionate.

RE: RTE / TG4 General Presentation thread - Brekkie - 17-12-2023

The RTE logo itself has aged well but I suspect if they did replace it that it wouldn't linger around in key elements of presentation for nearly three years.

RE: RTE / TG4 General Presentation thread - Rdd - 13-01-2024

Some tweaks to RTE pres, not sure exactly when they came in and they may not be that news.

Both channels on the RTE Player feed now have a new break filler - started to appear towards the end of last year but now seems to have (thankfully) replaced the old ones full time - it’s no less bizarre mind you with red triangles flying around the place but is a good bit less annoying than the old ones with their ridiculous soundtracks.

Also continuity is now carried on the Player feed whereas before it was cut and you’d crash directly from the break filler to the sponsor bumper or programme. Two welcome changes for those who’ve embraced the steaming revolution.

Promos on RTE One now longer seem to use the 2014 end board and now just overlay with the programme details and RTE One and Player logos.

Lastly any remaining use of the 2006 live action idents seems to have ceased - only the fully CG ones now being used.

RE: RTE / TG4 General Presentation thread - JMT1985 - 13-01-2024

I decided to watch The Late Late Show on the RTE Player last night, and I really enjoyed the show - Conan O'Brien and Graham Norton on, great guests, especially Conan trying to sing.

I also noticed the difference when they went to ad break, a bit more filler than now before.

I do like the picture quality on the RTE Player and since this is the only way I can watch Irish TV, since there are no plans at all to have an RTE version here in the UK, am glad they have spruced the player up. At last!

RE: RTE / TG4 General Presentation thread - bkman1990 - 16-01-2024

There's now a new endcap from Commisiun Na Mean on programmes funded by the licence fee in Ireland.

I saw the endcap appear during the end credits for The Last Priests in Ireland on RTÉ One.