Pres Café
Coronation of King Charles III - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Coronation of King Charles III (/showthread.php?tid=420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - Nobby - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 11:17 AM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Wow. The procession of The King & Queen going into Westminster Abbey was a wonderful & Joyous moment. It is my first time ever seeing a Coronation of a Royal Monarch unfold on live television.

It's just a shame his Mother didn't live long enough to see it.

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - eyeTV - 06-05-2023

Seems to have been lots of audio dips throughout.

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - mark - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 11:04 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Is NBC not showing it in the US? As NBC News Now is showing Dateline NBC despite the fact the Sky EPG here in the UK has it listed to be showing the coronation.
They're definitely showing it. I saw the start of the coverage on NBC News Now at 10am UK time, and it's on right now.

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - frasergj - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 12:39 PM)mark Wrote:  
(06-05-2023, 11:04 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Is NBC not showing it in the US? As NBC News Now is showing Dateline NBC despite the fact the Sky EPG here in the UK has it listed to be showing the coronation.
They're definitely showing it. I saw the start of the coverage on NBC News Now at 10am UK time, and it's on right now.

It's showing on the live stream on their website but the satellite feed on Sky Q is showing Dateline for me and has been all day (not sure if it's the same show on a loop actually)

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - lepeterrr - 06-05-2023

I've been watching TalkTV since about 8am and have loved their coverage. It's a lot more down to earth and feels like a natural conversation between all the guests.
And the studio looks great, as it always would!

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - Frances - 06-05-2023

It looks like ITV failed to convert HLG pictures to SDR…

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - JMT1985 - 06-05-2023

I have noticed with the BBC coverage, when they go outdoors on occasions the sound glitches especially with the interviews with the people on the mall.

Back on ITV and Sky, no glitches in that way, so must be a BBC issue. ITV and Sky were fine.

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - mark - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 01:02 PM)frasergj Wrote:  
(06-05-2023, 12:39 PM)mark Wrote:  They're definitely showing it. I saw the start of the coverage on NBC News Now at 10am UK time, and it's on right now.

It's showing on the live stream on their website but the satellite feed on Sky Q is showing Dateline for me and has been all day (not sure if it's the same show on a loop actually)
Ah, yes - it's the same on Now TV. I wonder if they're producing a separate feed just for Sky - and, if so, why, when there aren't any geographical restrictions on their other streams?

Staying with the US broadcasters, CBS's studio at Westminster Abbey seems to be in the same place as - or very close to - the BBC's studio for the Queen's funeral. 

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - oscillon - 06-05-2023

Speaking of CNN, they had started their coverage at 1am ET (=6am UKT).

Isa Soares (co-)anchored the first 4 hours, till 5am ET:

first hour it was with Michael Holmes who was doing the rest of the news from Atlanta,

[Image: image.png]
second hour it was Paula Newton with the same (although unlike Michael she did not appear in the intro sequence),

third hour it was just Isa and from now on it was all Coronation,

and Bianca Nobilo joined her from Westminster Abbey to co-anchor the fourth hour.

Since 5am ET, the main team kicked in to cover the bulk of the events, with Anderson Cooper at the reins and Christiane Amanpour, Max Foster and Richard Quest all taking part in the commentary.

Interestingly, Richard seemed to be in the London studio while Christiane and Max were outside Buckingham Palace with Anderson.

The screen-wide purple aston "Coronation of King Charles III" also appeared at 5am ET.

UPD. Looks like Quest is now having a panel of four people there in the studio! And the handover to and from Anderson was done not by Quest but by Julia Chatterley (seen in the middle)

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - eyeTV - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 02:14 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  I have noticed with the BBC coverage, when they go outdoors on occasions the sound glitches especially with the interviews with the people on the mall.

Back on ITV and Sky, no glitches in that way, so must be a BBC issue. ITV and Sky were fine.

There were glitches inside the Abbey. It's been present throughout the coverage on BBC.