Coronation of King Charles III

It's just under a month to go until the coronation of King Charles III and the BBC has unveiled it's lineup for the weekend. Kirsty Young is fronting the main coverage and Coronation Concert on the 6th/7th May with Huw Edwards and Claire Balding commentating for different parts of the Coronation day.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 4 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • Newsroom, Reith85, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell

I very pleased that they've got Kirsty Young back after she did an amazing job last year during the coverage of the Platinum Jubilee and the Queen's funeral - her and Huw leading the Coronation coverage feels right
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • Jeff, Reith85

Kirsty and Huw sharing the Dimbleby role across the BBC is a very good thing in general.
[-] The following 6 users Like steve's post:
  • Brekkie, DeMarkay, Jeff, Reith85, UTVLifer, xlalonce

Good to see UHD/HDR confirmed for the broadcast

Will be interesting to know if Sky News will also be doing it in UHD.

It's a shame David Dimbleby isn't involved in some capacity. I'm listening to his audiobook at the moment, and hearing him speak of his father's memories of the last coronation has been excellent.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy
[-] The following 4 users Like alfiejmulcahy's post:
  • Jeff, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, UTVLifer

Do we have any news on how ITV News will be covering The Coronation?

I would imagine Tom and Julie and possibly Mary will be the main presenters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben Shatliff's post:
  • UTVLifer

(11-04-2023, 04:14 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  Do we have any news on how ITV News will be covering The Coronation?

I could see Phillip Schofield popping up as part of their offering, he's been used in the past for Royal Weddings and the like and I think he worked quite well with Julie.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy

(11-04-2023, 12:08 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  It's just under a month to go until the coronation of King Charles III and the BBC has unveiled it's lineup for the weekend. Kirsty Young is fronting the main coverage and Coronation Concert on the 6th/7th May with Huw Edwards and Claire Balding commentating for different parts of the Coronation day.

www.bbc.co.uk 

This sentence stuck out like a sore thumb from that Press Release.

Audiences outside the UK will be able to watch on the BBC News channel, or listen on the World Service.

Long live the King, and long live THE BBC NEWS CHANNEL  Big Grin (in its original format if you please)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Kojak

(11-04-2023, 04:48 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  I could see Phillip Schofield popping up as part of their offering, he's been used in the past for Royal Weddings and the like and I think he worked quite well with Julie.

I'm not sure I could!
[-] The following 4 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • Alessi, alfiejmulcahy, cando, GMc

(11-04-2023, 04:48 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  
(11-04-2023, 04:14 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  Do we have any news on how ITV News will be covering The Coronation?

I could see Phillip Schofield popping up as part of their offering, he's been used in the past for Royal Weddings and the like and I think he worked quite well with Julie.
Please, no. He has no gravitas, plus I can't stand him. It's bad enough he's on This Morning and Dancing on Ice and seemingly every other programme (he and Bradley Walsh seem to share nearly all of ITV's output between them!).