Pres Café
Coronation of King Charles III - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Coronation of King Charles III (/showthread.php?tid=420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - JMT1985 - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 02:18 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  
(06-05-2023, 02:14 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  I have noticed with the BBC coverage, when they go outdoors on occasions the sound glitches especially with the interviews with the people on the mall.

Back on ITV and Sky, no glitches in that way, so must be a BBC issue. ITV and Sky were fine.

There were glitches inside the Abbey. It's been present throughout the coverage on BBC.
Why was there problems? 5G connection problems? I was watching ITV and never saw any glitches on their coverage from the abbey am sure

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - Brekkie - 06-05-2023

Has Sophie Raworth been involved at all in today's coverage?

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - Reith85 - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 03:09 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Has Sophie Raworth been involved at all in today's coverage?

Yes. Interviewing outside Westminster Abbey / on Parliament Square.

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - cable - 06-05-2023

With everything going on I was most overjoyed (and even teared up) when Trevor McDonald joined the ITV1 coverage. Quality Newscaster!

The King getting crowned was nice too!

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - dvboy - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 02:18 PM)oscillon Wrote:  UPD. Looks like Quest is now having a panel of four people there in the studio! And the handover to and from Anderson was done not by Quest but by Julia Chatterley (seen in the middle)

[Image: image.png]

Julia Chatterley in the middle and Trisha Goddard on the right. Not sure who the other two contributors are.

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - radiorebel - 06-05-2023

The BBC gets a lot of flack but the UHD feed on iPlayer was outstanding and played without a hitch for me. They do these sorts of events best.

I was surprised to see that Talk TV & GBN missed some key moments after the ceremony such as the king & queen in the garden at the palace, I thought they had access to the pool?

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - oscillon - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 03:45 PM)dvboy Wrote:  
(06-05-2023, 02:18 PM)oscillon Wrote:  UPD. Looks like Quest is now having a panel of four people there in the studio! And the handover to and from Anderson was done not by Quest but by Julia Chatterley (seen in the middle)

Julia Chatterley in the middle and Trisha Goddard on the right. Not sure who the other two contributors are.

Second left is Sally Bedell Smith, Royal Biographer & Author, per screencap

Second right (dressed in red) is Kate Williams, CNN Royal Historian.

And it is indeed Julia Chatterley who is hosting and moderating the panel, not Richard Quest - he must have had his work load commenting the Coronation itself.

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - JMT1985 - 06-05-2023

Watching BBC News channel now, and again their sound is poor at times, cutting out. This has been a problem all day for the BBC, is it down to the weather affecting signals?

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - Stooky Bill - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 02:24 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Why was there problems? 5G connection problems? I was watching ITV and never saw any glitches on their coverage from the abbey am sure
The 5G network wouldn't have been used for carrying the coverage of the event itself, just interviews etc in the Mall and around the palace.

(06-05-2023, 04:06 PM)radiorebel Wrote:  The BBC gets a lot of flack but the UHD feed on iPlayer was outstanding and played without a hitch for me. They do these sorts of events best.

I was surprised to see that Talk TV & GBN missed some key moments after the ceremony such as the king & queen in the garden at the palace, I thought they had access to the pool?
I think they only bought the access to the ceremony and maybe the procession

RE: Coronation of King Charles III - Robert Williams - 06-05-2023

I'm thinking these glitches may have been an HD-only issue?  I was watching in SD on Freeview and there were no such glitches at any point.