Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - lepeterrr - 12-11-2023

(12-11-2023, 08:08 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  So are these still radio programmes simulcast on TV, but now presented from a TV studio rather than a radio studio?
From 6-11 on Weekdays, yes. It's not standard for weekends to come from the TV studios but Peter Cardwell came from these yesterday during his extended show from 10-3 covering the events of the day.

RE: Talk TV - Stooky Bill - 13-11-2023

(12-11-2023, 08:47 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  From 6-11 on Weekdays, yes. It's not standard for weekends to come from the TV studios but Peter Cardwell came from these yesterday during his extended show from 10-3 covering the events of the day.
6am - 11pm?
If so the radio studios aren't going to have much use then

RE: Talk TV - lepeterrr - 13-11-2023

(13-11-2023, 12:10 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  6am - 11pm?
If so the radio studios aren't going to have much use then
This has been the case for a few weeks now. Only to be used from 5-6, 11-1 and weekends now.

RE: Talk TV - radiorebel - 20-11-2023

I have noticed the Piers Morgan programme which airs at 8pm seems to be immune to the watershed? Almost every time I have tuned in there seems to be explicit language. In particular tonight’s Andrew Tate interview. Have the rules changed or are there too few viewers to notice/care?

RE: Talk TV - Brekkie - 21-11-2023

It depends how explicit. Strong language isn't completely banned before the watershed dependent on the context and the likely audience. The fact that Piers has virtually no likely audience, so unlikely to be watched by kids, means it may be justified in a news context. However I suspect with a pre-recorded piece they would have to be able to justify not bleeping the language.

RE: Talk TV - Stooky Bill - 01-12-2023

When I saw the clips last night of Piers Morgan revealing the names of the Royals that were printed in the Dutch version of that book I was wondering where it stood legally for him and the channel.

By chance Press Gazette had the same thought:
https://pressgazette.co.uk/media_law/will-royals-sue-piers-morgan-racism-claim-reporting-omid-scobie-book/ 

RE: Talk TV - JMT1985 - 01-12-2023

I think Ofcom don't really care about Piers show - in fact it seems they don't care about GB News or Talk TV in general - they like to open investigations and then do nothing so I assume they simple ignore Piers

As said before, his audience is less than what GOLD gets for a repeat of The Good Life so I think they feel that not many young people will be tuning into him.

RE: Talk TV - Scrotnig - 01-12-2023

(01-12-2023, 10:59 AM)JMT1985 Wrote:  I think Ofcom don't really care about Piers show - in fact it seems they don't care about GB News or Talk TV in general - they like to open investigations and then do nothing so I assume they simple ignore Piers

As said before, his audience is less than what GOLD gets for a repeat of The Good Life so I think they feel that not many young people will be tuning into him.

I don’t think it works like that.

They have certainly found against GB News on a few occasions. Sometimes that’s all that happens if the breach isn’t considered that serious.

Some people think these channels will get shut down for minor breaches. They won’t.

RE: Talk TV - Stooky Bill - 01-12-2023

(01-12-2023, 10:59 AM)JMT1985 Wrote:  I think Ofcom don't really care about Piers show - in fact it seems they don't care about GB News or Talk TV in general - they like to open investigations and then do nothing so I assume they simple ignore Piers

Remember that Ofcom only respond to complaints, so fewer viewers, fewer complaints. 

From what I've seen of Piers' show there's not that much that would break the programme code. Yes it's a sensationalist programme and provokes controversy often.... but it's actually doing it quite responsibly. 

Even the other nights example was worded well so it shouldn't get them into trouble, but even if it did it's not an Ofcom issue. A member of the Royal household won't be writing an email to Ofcom

RE: Talk TV - telleyhead - 02-12-2023

News UK is used to sensitive legal stories, having very good lawyers and legal teams working across all their titles and the producers all come from ITV, BBC, and other places. GB News is lacking these resources so that's why they get pinged compared to Talk.