Pres Café
BT Sport - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BT Sport (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: BT Sport - Jon - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 08:05 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(20-05-2023, 12:21 AM)Rdd Wrote:  Steady on, I never intended to suggest that they’d become CBS! (And CBS is very formal even within an American context - I don’t think any other network goes for the branded blazers that CBS makes their male commentators wear).

Only that we’re likely to see a more conservative attitude, normal title sequences, idents, pres etc, not the very innovative attitude (at least for 2013) that BT had.

More likely to be influenced by Eurosport than the stateside operations, which themselves tend to have minimal presentation.

Agree with the praise BT Sport is getting - it's not by accident they're the only entrant to the market that came to take on Sky Sports and just about survived.
I think it’s got more to do with deep pockets and being a loss leader for a more profitable product that’s got more to do with its longevity rather than being pretty slick with the presentation though.

RE: BT Sport - Bennyboy84 - 20-05-2023

Currently watching WWE Friday Night Smackdown recorded at 1am this morning and it’s not the first time I’ve seen this but the BT Sport 1 LIVE DOG is in the bottom right corner as the FOX WWE DOG is occupying the top right where the BT Sport one normally goes. So I’m guessing this is because BT Sport just takes the feed that FOX uses?

RE: BT Sport - dvboy - 20-05-2023

Yes they will often move the BT Sport DOG around if it clashes with the original broadcaster's DOG. A lot of the American sports don't have a clean feed as such, and come with full graphics.

RE: BT Sport - TVenthusiasm - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 10:15 PM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  Currently watching WWE Friday Night Smackdown recorded at 1am this morning and it’s not the first time I’ve seen this but the BT Sport 1 LIVE DOG is in the bottom right corner as the FOX WWE DOG is occupying the top right where the BT Sport one normally goes. So I’m guessing this is because BT Sport just takes the feed that FOX uses?

As someone who watches BT for WWE as well - indeed they do - it's a similar arrangement for Raw where they take the USA Network feed - in addition ads for FOX/USA shows are either not shown at all or covered up on the live broadcast before being completely cut from the repeats.

RE: BT Sport - Johnnie - 20-05-2023

I noticed that too. They normally take a clean feed which is without the in-programme promotions. Although you can hear Michael Cole mention these promos, you don't normally see the graphics on screen in the UK.

I wonder if they were actually live last night? WWE are travelling to Saudi this week so recorded next week's show last night. I'm guessing last night's show was on tape-delay otherwise fans wouldn't have left the Colonial Life Arena in South Carolina until well after midnight.

RE: BT Sport - RhysJR - 21-05-2023

Although it is a bit strange to launch a new programme so close to (a) the end of the season, and (b) the end of the whole broadcaster, it is good to see BT Sport launching a BSL Premier League analysis show this morning. Looking from afar, BT Sport's commitment to diversity in front and behind the camera does seem to be something they have done successfully.

https://twitter.com/btsport/status/1659922281798283264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1659922281798283264%7Ctwgr%5Eb0705f14ada69ffba0f41b191f1189ece96506ad%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ficdb.tv%2Fmatch%2F129820-Sign-Up -

https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/1659544432730071040?s=20 

RE: BT Sport - Bennyboy84 - 21-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 11:22 PM)Johnnie Wrote:  I noticed that too. They normally take a clean feed which is without the in-programme promotions. Although you can hear Michael Cole mention these promos, you don't normally see the graphics on screen in the UK.

I wonder if they were actually live last night?  WWE are travelling to Saudi this week so recorded next week's show last night. I'm guessing last night's show was on tape-delay otherwise fans wouldn't have left the Colonial Life Arena in South Carolina until well after midnight.
Well I have heard the Smackdown before Night of Champions was recorded, not sure about this week or if it applies to RAW tomorrow night or not.

RE: BT Sport - cityprod - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 01:16 PM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  
(20-05-2023, 11:22 PM)Johnnie Wrote:  I noticed that too. They normally take a clean feed which is without the in-programme promotions. Although you can hear Michael Cole mention these promos, you don't normally see the graphics on screen in the UK.

I wonder if they were actually live last night?  WWE are travelling to Saudi this week so recorded next week's show last night. I'm guessing last night's show was on tape-delay otherwise fans wouldn't have left the Colonial Life Arena in South Carolina until well after midnight.
Well I have heard the Smackdown before Night of Champions was recorded, not sure about this week or if it applies to RAW tomorrow night or not.
This past Friday's SmackDown was live.  RAW will be live on Monday Night.  Only this coming Friday's SmackDown was taped, as most of the roster will be travelling to Saudi Arabia for Saturday's Night Of Champions premium live event.

RE: BT Sport - bakamann - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 04:32 PM)cityprod Wrote:  
(21-05-2023, 01:16 PM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  Well I have heard the Smackdown before Night of Champions was recorded, not sure about this week or if it applies to RAW tomorrow night or not.
This past Friday's SmackDown was live.  RAW will be live on Monday Night.  Only this coming Friday's SmackDown was taped, as most of the roster will be travelling to Saudi Arabia for Saturday's Night Of Champions premium live event.

I believe before WWE does their overseas shows, they do two Smackdown tapings.

They taped two Smackdown shows this part Friday, one as a "taped to live" where the live crowd gets to see the event an hour or so before it was broadcast on TV, while the other show will air the upcoming Friday.

RE: BT Sport - cityprod - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 06:09 PM)bakamann Wrote:  
(21-05-2023, 04:32 PM)cityprod Wrote:  This past Friday's SmackDown was live.  RAW will be live on Monday Night.  Only this coming Friday's SmackDown was taped, as most of the roster will be travelling to Saudi Arabia for Saturday's Night Of Champions premium live event.

I believe before WWE does their overseas shows, they do two Smackdown tapings.

They taped two Smackdown shows this part Friday, one as a "taped to live" where the live crowd gets to see the event an hour or so before it was broadcast on TV, while the other show will air the upcoming Friday.
That wasn't the case prior to Backlash in Puerto Rico.  The SmackDown beforehand aired live from Puerto Rico, in the same arena and stage to be used ofr Backlash the following day. 

The Saudi shows are much longer travel time and as such a show the night before just wouldn't work.