Pres Café
BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) (/showthread.php?tid=497)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - mouseboy33 - 28-06-2023

(28-06-2023, 01:36 PM)Alessi Wrote:  I'd argue that the introduction of culture war debates makes it MORE American.

Thats a false assumption based on cable news. Zero debate and shoufests are found on network morning shows in the US and Canada.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Brekkie - 28-06-2023

I suspect Breakfast's audience trends quite a bit older and has a sizeable audience who can watch it for longer, rather than just have it on in the background as they're getting ready for work and the kids ready for school. Frankly it probably makes little difference to ratings whether they have one 15 minute feature or three 5 minute features - they're essentially just filler between the key format points of headlines, weather, regional news and for those interested the business and sport bulletins.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - UTVLifer - 28-06-2023

Behind the scenes of the new set with Ben Boulos

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuC5CkcITYa/?igshid=MjAxZDBhZDhlNA ==

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Stuart - 28-06-2023

(28-06-2023, 08:21 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I suspect Breakfast's audience trends quite a bit older and has a sizeable audience who can watch it for longer, rather than just have it on in the background as they're getting ready for work and the kids ready for school.  
On what are you basing that suspicion? You haven't provided any demographics for your perceived audience of BBC Breakfast, but I'd be interested to see it.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Alessi - 28-06-2023

(28-06-2023, 07:59 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Thats a false assumption based on cable news. Zero debate and shoufests are found on network morning shows in the US and Canada.

Ah apologies. I've seen confrontations on iterations of CNN's morning show, so maybe I've misunderstood what is the norm.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - TVHead - 28-06-2023

(28-06-2023, 09:01 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Behind the scenes of the new set with Ben Boulos

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuC5CkcITYa/?igshid=MjAxZDBhZDhlNA ==

I see they have replaced the pilot 20 June opening with the 26 June launch day opening in the video

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - mouseboy33 - 28-06-2023

Ach no worries mate. Most people make generalizations based on US Cable news or a few tabloid local tv stations. Not a problem. Just setting the record straight Smile

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - nwtv2003 - 28-06-2023

I’m quite a recent convert to Breakfast and making it a daily habit. It’s easy going, but when it’s a slow News day and they’re not talking about the news it’s dreary. However I feel it’s more watchable over GMB right now through all of the debates they seem to have, it’s just not my cup of tea.

For what it’s worth, Breakfast is a stronger show with Charlie and Naga than it is with John and Sally. Nothing against John and Sally, but it feels more lightweight.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Nige - 29-06-2023

I think otherwise.. find both Charlie and Naga unbearably smug.
Naga especially.
I agree that the interviews and reports are far too long for a breakfast program where people are busy in the mornings.
Overall though; much better than the OTT GMB.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - ViridianFan - 29-06-2023

It does feel recently that it’s lost something. I must admit I don’t watch it as much as I used to.

Back in the Bill and Sian days I watched it everyday. For me they were the dream team. They could do the serious no nonsense but you also had that relaxed side where their genuine friendship came through.

I also always rated Charlie and Naga but the last few times I’ve caught them it felt as if they were just going through the motions and almost have become a parody of how they were.

Breakfast at the moment feels a bit like it doesn’t really know who or what it is. Going back to the Bill and Sian days it aligned its self much more the BBC news branding. It had the red and black, the backdrop was an newsroom type backdrop and it felt like a news programme all be in more relaxed but it still felt BBC News.

I know at the moment there doesn’t seem to be a consistent BBC news brand but breakfast doesn’t always feel like it fits with the news brand but its also not a morning live/this morning show. It feels a bit likea lot of the BBCs output in relation to news, that it embarrassed to be BBC news and is trying to be something else.

I understand things have to change but i also think sometimes if something works you don’t always have to tinker