Pres Café
BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) (/showthread.php?tid=497)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Joe - 20-07-2023

I don’t watch Breakfast so that clip is the first time I’ve looked closely enough to notice this, but it’s so silly that the building behind them has the old logo on. I don’t like the background anyway, but this detail makes it worse. I defended the slow roll out of the new logo, but I do think the key buildings should have been a priority.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Rolling News - 20-07-2023

(20-07-2023, 05:40 PM)Joe Wrote:  I don’t watch Breakfast so that clip is the first time I’ve looked closely enough to notice this, but it’s so silly that the building behind them has the old logo on. I don’t like the background anyway, but this detail makes it worse. I defended the slow roll out of the new logo, but I do think the key buildings should have been a priority.

It's the same with the entrance to Broadcasting House having the old logo on top. It looks a right mess at the end of the BBC News channel countdown which has the new BBC Logo right above it.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Stuart - 20-07-2023

(20-07-2023, 05:46 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  It's the same with the entrance to Broadcasting House having the old logo on top. It looks a right mess at the end of the BBC News channel countdown which has the new BBC Logo right above it.
To be fair, I would think that the new logo is deliberately similar enough to make sure that the average 'Joe/Josie Public' can't tell much difference walking past a BBC building or seeing one on screen in the background.

Most of the change they will have noticed (if at all) is with the on-screen pres and other media identity.

It's not like when ITV changed their corporate logo in 2013 to something so drastically different, and went about immediately covering up the former logo on all their buildings to reinforce the new identity.

Yes, it looks somewhat sloppy with this haphazard approach, but they don't want to set off the DM brigade who will latch on to what they'll call unnecessary expenditure.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - m_in_m - 20-07-2023

I have to say I know the changes but often forget because some of the core shots really are evolution not revolution.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Spencer - 20-07-2023

(20-07-2023, 06:10 PM)Stuart Wrote:  To be fair, I would think that the new logo is deliberately similar enough to make sure that the average 'Joe/Josie Public' can't tell much difference walking past a BBC building or seeing one on screen in the background.

Most of the change they will have noticed (if at all) is with the on-screen pres and other media identity.

It's not like when ITV changed their corporate logo in 2013 to something so drastically different, and went about immediately covering up the former logo on all their buildings to reinforce the new identity.

Yes, it looks somewhat sloppy with this haphazard approach, but they don't want to set off the DM brigade who will latch on to what they'll call unnecessary expenditure.
If they really are bothered about what the Daily Mail might print, surely stringing out the rollout into what could amount to dozens of potential stories across several years is worse than doing it all at once which would result in just one story.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - DTV - 20-07-2023

(20-07-2023, 07:06 PM)Spencer Wrote:  If they really are bothered about what the Daily Mail might print, surely stringing out the rollout into what could amount to dozens of potential stories across several years is worse than doing it all at once which would result in just one story.
Plus, the obvious answer to 'we are having to make our new logo so reasonably similar to our old one to avoid looking like we're spending money changing it' is to not change it. That is, in fact, the cheaper option there.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - all new phil - 20-07-2023

If we waited for Boomers to approve of every refresh, nothing would ever change.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Brekkie - 20-07-2023

I doubt those behind the rebrand give a damn what the Daily Mail think. Haters going to hate. Indeed surprised they're not running articles on how they've spent millions on a rebrand but 2 years later the old logo is still in use.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - KatsKaravan - 20-07-2023

It begs the question, why did they change the logo in the first place? The old one was fine.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Andrew - 20-07-2023

(20-07-2023, 01:56 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Breakfast moved to BBC Two this morning due to Women's World Cup on BBC One. Here is how it was handled:

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/TVenthusiasm2/From%201%20to%202.mp4 

That was very slick, and actually seemed to work well for viewers watching on the News Channel as well

It did mean no opening sting on BBC Two though