Pres Café
BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) (/showthread.php?tid=497)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Radiounion - 24-07-2023

(22-07-2023, 02:38 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I tend to agree, only because of what they can do with the 'bouncing blocks' and stuff.  That wouldn't have worked with those large (but skinny) Gill Sans letters. It's actually quite amazing what a simple change of font can do within an established image/logo.

OK, am I sounding abit too geeky now? Sad

I am going to be honest... I love Gill. But I love what Reith brought to the current BBC logo and brand design. While I understand the conceptions of some of us here saying that yes, the bouncing animations would have worked with Gill, I think it works better with a font like Reith because that sense of clarity, compassion and youthfulness would have been attainable with Gill, but only as an act. The font Reith approaches this design and behavior like its a full-time job, or more than that, a whole livelihood. I call back to the CBBC and CBeebies block animations. The blocks are more bouncier than usual, and I have no idea why, but with Reith it just WORKS. I am having a hard time putting Gill in that sense of playfulness and charm as Reith did, because for many years serving as the typeface for the Beeb, it has endured a sense of elegance, restraint, and resolve. We have those same qualities with Reith, but there's something extra in it too. A sense of living, a sense of welcoming, and most importantly, a bit of some fun.

I love Gill. But I also love Reith. 

And I'd argue that the current branding system works well with it, than without.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - LDN - 24-07-2023

(24-07-2023, 05:31 PM)Lester Wrote:  I'm definitely a convert. The boxes on the Reith logo seem to look more disfigured when smaller as the letters are right near the edge of each box. Because of the spacing on the new one, the boxes seem more separated when smaller and not just the slightest pixel of a line like on the Reith one. 

The C on the Reith logo seems "off" on the old one compared to now also.

I think you've got them a bit mixed up... 🙂

The new logo -- the one with the more generous spacing around the letters and between the boxes -- is the Reith logo (because it uses the new(ish) BBC Reith Sans typeface). 

The old logo -- the one with the letters "right near the edge of the box" and with the "slightest pixel of a line" between the boxes used a customised version of the Gill Sans typeface.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Reith85 - 31-07-2023

They've introduced a silent bumper / BBC Breakfast title card slide at the end of the TOTH regional bulletins, from what I've been seeing this morning.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - m_in_m - 31-07-2023

(31-07-2023, 08:05 AM)Reith85 Wrote:  They've introduced a silent bumper / BBC Breakfast title card slide at the end of the TOTH regional bulletins, from what I've been seeing this morning.

Was that because each was followed by trailers rather than going straight back to the programme?

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Stuart - 31-07-2023

A couple of weeks ago Plymouth abandoned use of the new Breakfast logo on the screen behind the presenter during those bulletins.

They've just reverted to the animated red Spotlight logo used during all the other bulletins.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Reith85 - 31-07-2023

(31-07-2023, 03:53 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Was that because each was followed by trailers rather than going straight back to the programme?

Yes. Not sure if it was specific to a particular region (London in my case).

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - RhysJR - 31-07-2023

Bit of a leftfield choice for the business presenter this morning, but I've been impressed with Emma's work from Northern Ireland so would be happy if she did have a 'more prominent' position back in a studio on the mainland.

https://twitter.com/EmmaVardyTV/status/1685877083480686592?s=20 

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - London Lite - 31-07-2023

I've never seen Emma present any form of biz before but she was excellent and adapted her delivery for the Breakfast audience.

I hope Emma doesn't leave the Irish beat, considering she's English she's managed to grasp the tangled up issues of Northern Ireland and delivered it in an accessible manner, but it is nice to see her doing some studio work.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Scratch_Perry - 01-08-2023

(31-07-2023, 06:14 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Bit of a leftfield choice for the business presenter this morning, but I've been impressed with Emma's work from Northern Ireland so would be happy if she did have a 'more prominent' position back in a studio on the mainland.

A person who will shortly be going on maternity leave covering for someone who is on maternity leave (via Ben Boulos) Smile.

Given Nina Warhurst was working until around a week before she gave birth, it's just as well you have Sally Nugent in the studio at the same time in case we have another Victoria Fritz - as she was known then - moment...

BBC presenter Victoria Fritz goes into labour after live broadcast - BBC News

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Spencer - 01-08-2023

(31-07-2023, 06:14 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Bit of a leftfield choice for the business presenter this morning, but I've been impressed with Emma's work from Northern Ireland so would be happy if she did have a 'more prominent' position back in a studio on the mainland.

Does anyone know the purpose of the pouches attached to the back of the sofa? I’m guessing something to do with the microphones which seem to be attached?