Pres Café
BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) (/showthread.php?tid=497)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Stuart - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 08:48 AM)AM160 Wrote:  "I think it looks amazing considering it's actually smaller than what they had up on the second floor."

it really isn't smaller..
It has a smaller floor space. It just has a proper high lighting grid which makes it appear larger with wide shots.

I believe this has been discussed on here already.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - all new phil - 18-08-2023

In terms of space it’s brilliant. It looks great in Sport mode. I’m not sold on it when used for Breakfast though. Much like studio B, it’s just a little too bright and sharp, to the extent it feels cold.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Brekkie - 18-08-2023

Bright and sharp is perfect for Breakfast though.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Spencer - 18-08-2023

I thought the studio looked particularly effective when they were paying tribte to Michael Parkinson this morning with his images on the various screens. The photos of Parky with dark backgrounds gave the studio a very different, sombre feel – you certainly wouldn't describe it as bright.

It was also quite interesting when they replayed an interview with Parky on Breakfast from November last year. Cutting from the new studio to footage of the old one and back again really emphasised what a vast improvement the new studio is.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Reith85 - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 03:36 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I thought the studio looked particularly effective when they were paying tribte to Michael Parkinson this morning with his images on the various screens. The photos of Parky with dark backgrounds gave the studio a very different, sombre feel – you certainly wouldn't describe it as bright.

It was also quite interesting when they replayed an interview with Parky on Breakfast from November last year. Cutting from the new studio to footage of the old one and back again really emphasised what a vast improvement the new studio is.
I've got to say the interview with Dickie Bird this morning was really quite moving, especially when he spoke about last speaking to Michael Parkinson earlier this week and saying their goodbyes. It was sensitively handled by Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Marcell - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 08:22 AM)Stuart Wrote:  Just watching Breakfast on BBC One which I don't get chance to do much now, but every time I see that new studio I think it looks amazing considering it's actually smaller than what they had up on the second floor.

Sport, business (and weather when in the studio) are all on the move around the studio, as is one of the main presenters each day for the headline segment. So it doesn't feel like 'sofa news' or 'desk bound boredom'.

I like the set when altered for Sportsday in the evenings, but that's what comes with an excellent and flexible design.

Some people did an excellent job designing that space. I like the TOTH/BOTH views of the atrium with the bit of VR thrown in. Why waste something that looks so nice?
I'm not sold on that VR shot. The atrium looks so cold. Maybe they could jazz it up a bit with some lights. I'd also prefer if they simply zoomed in towards the studio instead of tilting down and zooming in.

(18-08-2023, 06:31 PM)Reith85 Wrote:  I've got to say the interview with Dickie Bird this morning was really quite moving, especially when he spoke about last speaking to Michael Parkinson earlier this week and saying their goodbyes. It was sensitively handled by Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty.
I also found that very moving.  He was clearly very upset but Charlie and Naga were very comforting. They just let him carry on as it seemed somewhat cathartic for him.  

As a result, the throw to the regions/nations was about 7 minutes late at 08:35. Very well handled by all concerned.

(18-08-2023, 10:05 PM)Marcell Wrote:  I'm not sold on that VR shot. The atrium looks so cold. Maybe they could jazz it up a bit with some lights. I'd also prefer if they simply zoomed in towards the studio instead of tilting down and zooming in.
I think the point of the tilt/zoom VR shot is to give the impression of space. The studio itself is a small box, which is brightly lit as a contrast to the surrounding area, and with the external side of the LED Towers adding to that effect. I think it's a very clever feature of the design.

It's not dissimilar to what ITN did back in the day when they used to use the panning shots of the atrium at GIR and a zoom shot into the small box that was Studio 3 for bulletins.

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Marcell - 19-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 10:58 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I think the point of the tilt/zoom VR shot is to give the impression of space. The studio itself is a small box, which is brightly lit as a contrast to the surrounding area, and with the external side of the LED Towers adding to that effect. I think it's a very clever feature of the design.

It's not dissimilar to what ITN did back in the day when they used to use the panning shots of the atrium at GIR and a zoom shot into the small box that was Studio 3 for bulletins.
I'm not against having the VR shot itself, to me the zoom feels a little too fast, maybe if they slowed it down a smidge.

It is a stunning studio though 🤤

RE: BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present) - Brekkie - 19-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 10:13 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I also found that very moving.  He was clearly very upset but Charlie and Naga were very comforting. They just let him carry on as it seemed somewhat cathartic for him.  

As a result, the throw to the regions/nations was about 7 minutes late at 08:35. Very well handled by all concerned.

Talking of interviews going past the hour/half hour mark did they manage to keep avoiding that happening at 9am or have they gone back to having that awkward pause mid-interview?