Pres Café
The BBC Chameleon Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The BBC Chameleon Thread (/showthread.php?tid=50)

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Jake - 29-11-2022

(29-11-2022, 07:40 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
(28-11-2022, 10:22 PM)TVNerd Wrote:  A large portion of trails played on Radio 1 also don’t mention the TV channel/Radio station or exact time, and just refer to the streaming service and sometimes the day of broadcast. I can only imagine this has been deemed more suitable for the Radio 1 target audience than referencing the linear broadcast directly, as they are more comfortable with streaming.

Does anyone know of the version of the trailer promoting England vs Wales broadcast on Radio 2 mentioned BBC One or was it also “watch on iPlayer, listen on sounds”?

It didn't mention BBC One this morning.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - BBCMeridian - 29-11-2022

(29-11-2022, 01:06 PM)Spencer Wrote:  
(29-11-2022, 12:09 PM)BBCMeridian Wrote:  Or they could stop promoting Iplayer and Sounds as people know how to use them by now instead, the trailer could end e.g Tuesday at 9, on BBC One just like before.

Stop promoting the services at the core of the BBC's plan for the future? Okaaay.

Yes, most people know how to use IPlayer and Sounds by now, but I don't want them getting carried away because not everyone in the UK can afford broadband, they need to concentrate on delivering for linear tv.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Jon - 30-11-2022

(29-11-2022, 11:33 PM)BBCMeridian Wrote:  
(29-11-2022, 01:06 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Stop promoting the services at the core of the BBC's plan for the future? Okaaay.

Yes, most people know how to use IPlayer and Sounds by now, but I don't want them getting carried away because not everyone in the UK can afford broadband, they need to concentrate on delivering for linear tv.
Not everyone can afford a TV or TV licence, so they might as well give up.

I think you’ll find having an internet connection is something most people would prioritise over having access to linear TV these days.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - BBCMeridian - 30-11-2022

(30-11-2022, 12:02 AM)Jon Wrote:  
(29-11-2022, 11:33 PM)BBCMeridian Wrote:  Yes, most people know how to use IPlayer and Sounds by now, but I don't want them getting carried away because not everyone in the UK can afford broadband, they need to concentrate on delivering for linear tv.

I think you’ll find having an internet connection is something most people would prioritise over having access to linear TV these days.
Sorry but I disagree.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Humphrey Hacker - 30-11-2022

(30-11-2022, 12:02 AM)Jon Wrote:  
(29-11-2022, 11:33 PM)BBCMeridian Wrote:  Yes, most people know how to use IPlayer and Sounds by now, but I don't want them getting carried away because not everyone in the UK can afford broadband, they need to concentrate on delivering for linear tv.

A lot of people tend to watch programmes through a monitor or through a television set via some form of streaming. I'm one of them. I haven't had an aerial plugged in for a long time. For me its easier to have iplayer etc on the Shield instead of switching between inputs but that's just me.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - LargelyALurker - 30-11-2022

I think what I find odd on a trail for a World Cup game that says the day but no time along with iPlayer/Sounds/Sport is that not having a time takes away the call to action.

For casual sports fans that’s the most important bit of information!You want me to open iPlayer/Sounds to watch… when? It’s trying to use logic that makes sense for drama/podcasts and applying it to an appointment-to-view live event. I don’t get it. Maybe it’s because the start times are different on TV/radio that it’s easier to say nothing?

The other thing I don’t get is what ‘SPORT’ is supposed to mean to the average person. Is it an app? Text commentary on the website? Isn’t the TV/Radio coverage part of ‘SPORT’?

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - chris - 01-12-2022

Yes it is odd for a live event for them not to tell you when it’s on.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Worzel - 11-12-2022

The BBC have *finally* updated the channel icons/logos on YouView and connected TVs to the new Reithed versions.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Stuart - 11-12-2022

(11-12-2022, 01:13 AM)Worzel Wrote:  The BBC have *finally* updated the channel icons/logos on YouView and connected TVs to the new Reithed versions.
On Sky+HD they only updated the logos on their version of iPlayer in the last couple of weeks.  It had looked a complete mess, with only BBC Three having the correct logo.

[Image: Sky-i-Player-11-12-22.jpg]

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Worzel - 11-12-2022

(11-12-2022, 12:48 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(11-12-2022, 01:13 AM)Worzel Wrote:  The BBC have *finally* updated the channel icons/logos on YouView and connected TVs to the new Reithed versions.
On Sky+HD they only updated the logos on their version of iPlayer in the last couple of weeks.  It had looked a complete mess, with only BBC Three having the correct logo.

[Image: Sky-i-Player-11-12-22.jpg]

I notice BBC Parliament's logo has been updated, yet its the only channel not to have had the Gill BBC blocks changed on screen.