The BBC Chameleon Thread
Rainbow 

Might as well get things going.

Here's a thread to talk about everything related to "Project Chameleon" from the BBC.

----

4c448342d6996fb20913-fd1f9dc15ff616aa7fa...ackcdn.com 
Web Image

Image comes from:  www.dandad.org 

Children in Need recently updated their logo to include the new BBC font and logo.
[Image: Children_in_Need_2022.png]
Heart 

(31-07-2022, 08:46 PM)no1fanofthepals Wrote:  Children in Need recently updated their logo to include the new BBC font and logo.
[Image: Children_in_Need_2022.png]

The slightly rounded font looks a bit naff, but then again Pudsey is the main part of the brand - so I suppose it doesn't matter much.

Oh yes! The BBC Brand Refresh/Project Chameleon! One of my favourite rebrands!
I think Wolff Olins and BBC Creative did a nice job, but the logo is just ok, when static. It’s actually amazing when it’s animated!
PS: I am so much of a big fan, that I named myself BBCChameleonFan, and even used the BITESIZE identifier as my profile.
[-] The following 2 users Like BBCChameleonFan's post:
  • GeeTeeKay474, interestednovice

Does anyone know if the shows which include the logo in their opening titles (like EastEnders) will replace this with the new version, or is this practice being phased out completely?

(01-08-2022, 12:34 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Does anyone know if the shows which include the logo in their opening titles (like EastEnders) will replace this with the new version, or is this practice being phased out completely?

If it guessing about it, some programmes already featuring the new logos in opening titles (like TopGear, Doctor Who, and children shows), however some were not, like Eastenders, which since March new airing slot doesn't even featuring the new logo (although mockup versions of Eastenders opening title featuring the new logo exists in Deviantart or other sites). If i think these practice continued or not, they retained it. Some shows that previously not featuring any BBC logo like Blue Peter have since featuring new BBC logo since 2021.

I actually don’t mind minimal logos, I think they look clean and pretty nice

Except for the Pringles one Jesus Christ give him his hair back

They really need to update the BBC logo on the EastEnders titles now to the new one, we're coming up to 10 months since the rebrand and yet they've still got the 1997 logo

Do you guys think Weather will get a refresh when the News Pres does? The BBC Weather logo sticks out like a sore thumb on BBC News

[Image: blu97.png]

Yeah I think it will be refreshed